Value of: Marner/Nylander vs. Boeser

Who is worth the most?

• Total voters

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
His wrist was taped up and bothering him, clearly he was injured before he hurt his back. He would have been shut down earlier if he wasn't in the Calder race.

And that could have had a lot to do with it. Marner could have won the calder race (scoring.. not trophy) if he hadn’t seperated his shoulder.

Marner bounced back. Boeser very easily could as well. Then it’s a different story. Right now it’s Marner for sure

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
And that could have had a lot to do with it. Marner could have won the calder race (scoring.. not trophy) if he hadn’t seperated his shoulder.

Marner bounced back. Boeser very easily could as well. Then it’s a different story. Right now it’s Marner for sure

Id probably agree to that yeah. Marner is a fantastic player.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
His line was drawing all the top d matchups. What are you on about? He won MVP at the allstar game as a rookie. He had 55 in 62 and is only going to get better. But sure he sucks and it was a fluke...….too bad he has a top 10 NHL shot already though. Clearly he wont be able to score 40 ever.

Marner>>nylander>>>boeser ainec

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
agree on this, the gap between Marner and Nylander looked big last year but the year before Nylander was better than Marner. I think the gap will close between them again this year and the average of the two will continue to trend up for another year or two

Boeser is going to be fun to watch when Pettersson arrives, and it would be nice to see Van get Jack Hughes so we can see a Hughes/Boeser/Pettersson v. Matthews/Marner/Nylander poll & hopefully cup rivalry. I know the Leafs aren't a popular team to support outside of Toronto, but I think there's a ton of Leaf fans that would say their 2nd team is one of the western Canadian teams. It would be good to see Van/Winnipeg/Edm/Calgary be good at the same time that Toronto is and watch Bettman lose his mind in an all-Canadian cup final or three

What's this Second team you speak of?
There can be only one!

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I'm super high on both Marner and Boeser. Nylander just doesn't have that "it" factor for me as a guy who will put his team on his back.
Due to Marner's larger track record I give him a slight edge over Brock.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
We'll be better prepared to make a judgement when we see how Boeser copes with the increased attention that he's going to receive this season. Vancouver has few threats on offense so he's going to be up against top pairings every night.

I do think with Pettersson he'll rack up plenty of points on the PP, assuming they play on the same unit.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I personally see it as a toss up between Boeser and Marner with a fairly large gap to Nylander. Imo you make arguments and excuses for both Boeser and Marner but in the end both are young dynamic players who could really take off on their own soon or could have basically reached their max potential (ie production may not increase and will eventually decrease but age and experience will keep them a very solid player for a long tine).

Maybe I miss the boat on Nylander but I just don't see the same up side in him as I do the other 2. I just think they are a tier above him. Well, that's just my opinion anyways, kol

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Marner>>nylander>>>boeser ainec

Posters like you are why Leaf fans have a bad reputation on these boards. You have nothing to support this other than they both play for your favorite team. If you wanna say Marner>Nylander>Boeser that's understandable and fine. To suggest that it's not even close and trying to use the fact that Boeser played with 2 HOFers as reasoning is completely asinine and uninformed.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
All three are very good, but if I had to pick one to build a team around. Or that I would rather have on my team, it would be Brock Boeser.

He can do it all, and makes everyone around him better.

Marner is also very good, but he played on a much better hockey team.

Once Vancouver gets good you will notice the gap more

Reactions: SWAE

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I take Boeser. Bigger, stronger, better goal scorer. Better scoring pace on a god-awful Vancouver team.

Toss up for me between the other two. I think Marner has more potential, but Nylander has the higher floor. All three will probably end up being all-stars.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Posters like you are why Leaf fans have a bad reputation on these boards. You have nothing to support this other than they both play for your favorite team. If you wanna say Marner>Nylander>Boeser that's understandable and fine. To suggest that it's not even close and trying to use the fact that Boeser played with 2 HOFers as reasoning is completely asinine and uninformed.
Makes sense. One person says something stupid, tax the whole fan base for it.

Reactions: SteadyFreddie

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I take Boeser. Bigger, stronger, better goal scorer. Better scoring pace on a god-awful Vancouver team.

Toss up for me between the other two. I think Marner has more potential, but Nylander has the higher floor. All three will probably end up being all-stars.

Please explain.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Well, explain why?
Goals are more valued in this league, and Boeser brings that much more than Nylander and Marner. They might have the better speed and passing but Boeser also has size on them too which is all to valuable itself. Everything else in their games are comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->