Value of: Marner/Nylander vs. Boeser

Who is worth the most?

• Total voters

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
I'd like to see one more season from Boeser at least. If this season wasn't a fluke, and he does it again next season, maybe Boeser, Marner, Nylander. For right now, because of uncertainty versus more certain, I'd say Marner, Boeser, Nylander. Not taking into account contracts/future contracts either by the way.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
In long run who knows but right now Marner/Boeser/Nylander. This order could possibly change every new season.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I'd like to see one more season from Boeser at least. If this season wasn't a fluke, and he does it again next season, maybe Boeser, Marner, Nylander. For right now, because of uncertainty versus more certain, I'd say Marner, Boeser, Nylander. Not taking into account contracts/future contracts either by the way.

Lol fluke. Did you see the type of goals he's been scoring since he was drafted. Boeser is about as sure as it gets.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
Lol fluke. Did you see the type of goals he's been scoring since he was drafted. Boeser is about as sure as it gets.

I never said this season was a fluke. I said I would like to see more from him to remove any uncertainty around him. Chances are it wasn't a fluke, but there is still uncertainty to him. Ever heard of Ken Hodge Jr. or Joe Juneau? Hodge Jr. actually had a similar rookie stat line. And before you get all offended, yes I realize they played on better teams, and no I'm not trying to say Boeser will fall off the wagon, and this was his career year. I forgot it's so ludicrous to want to see more than roughly three quarters of a season from a player before labeling him as a certainty.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marner
Nylander

Boeser

Boeser has only had one season playing behind the sedins; lets not put him on a pedestal already

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Boeser is fantastic, but 1 not even full season isn’t enough to prove he has more value than players who have had back to back 60 point seasons. Even if you THINK he will be the best long term, he doesn’t at present hold more value.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Marner
Boeser
Nylander

For me, all are real close and to suggest otherwise is perplexing. How they rank moving forward will depend on their development.

All have some question marks (is Marner going to hit that next level? He seemed to show that pedigree in his 2nd half and entering the playoffs. Can Boeser repeat his season over a larger sample size, and maintain some of his underlying numbers?)

With Nylander, it's more about getting an opportunity to play more, particularly on the PP, and at his natural position with less of a leash. Circumstantially, it's less likely that he gets all of the above especially with Tavares now.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Boeser has more value to his team than either of the other two do to theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad