Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Devils win in OT. Be happy with the point after being down by 2 in the 3rd.
Shots were 11-8 in the 3rd for the Marlies, and overall 32-27.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone know if abramov gets 1st or 2nd line minutes?

I would hope so... I mean he's probably their most offensively talented (or talented in general) player right now, depending on your feelings about Yegor Serdyuk.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Alright, how do we get Robertson up here? Who needs to get injured or whatever?

I would hope so... I mean he's probably their most offensively talented (or talented in general) player right now, depending on your feelings about Yegor Serdyuk.

I think he was actually asking 1st OR 2nd line minutes, which. Haha!

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Alright, how do we get Robertson up here? Who needs to get injured or whatever?

I think he was actually asking 1st OR 2nd line minutes, which. Haha!

You can emergency recall him I think, but that only happens with goalies usually (Dylan Ferguson in Vegas being the most recent example).

He gets 1st line minutes. He's always listed as the 1C and usually gets at least one of the more talented wingers playing with him, so I imagine he's the top line. However recently they have have tried spreading things out between two lines, so it may be more of an even split now.

I think the main thing that is important to note is that in the few times Victoriaville does win, Abramov is usually a big part of it (8 points in their 3 wins). Take that as you will, given Victoriaville does not win very often.

Reactions: Hustlr

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I would laugh if he got 3rd line minutes. Someone here recently told me that sudbury uses 3f 2d pp scheme so I wanted to see how efficient chl teams were.

also, it appears koster’s injured again.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

I would love to see him on Sherbrooke next year TBH. Taro Jentzsch is an Import center (even though he sucks at draws) who will be moving on next year. Felix Robert is an OA center who will be moving on next year. Bringing in Abramov would give them a guy who can lead the 2nd line, while Poulin leads the first. Abramov would be their 2nd best forward and would still get a ton of versatile minutes, but would play on a top flight team with a pair of quality linemates (likely Peach and Tardif, who could easily be PPG+ players with a guy like Abramov).

If he was playing top PP with Poulin and played with Tardif and Peach otherwise, I think he could seriously reach 90 points while leading his line in his D+2 year. If he was paired with Poulin 100% of the time, he'd probably get 100+, but would not be the guy leading his line.

Best part about it is Stephane Robidas, the Leafs Director of Development, is a Co-Owner of the team so you know the Leafs will be able to trust and keep a very close eye on his development there. Sherbrooke also happens to be the best team in the CHL right now, and will have much of their team intact next year too.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
You can emergency recall him I think, but that only happens with goalies usually (Dylan Ferguson in Vegas being the most recent example).

Ya, that’s what I thought. Like we’d basically have to exhaust our AHL team before being able to call him up until his season ends?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I would love to see him on Sherbrooke next year TBH. Taro Jentzsch is an Import center (even though he sucks at draws) who will be moving on next year. Felix Robert is an OA center who will be moving on next year. Bringing in Abramov would give them a guy who can lead the 2nd line, while Poulin leads the first. Abramov would be their 2nd best forward and would still get a ton of versatile minutes, but would play on a top flight team with a pair of quality linemates (likely Peach and Tardif, who could easily be PPG+ players with a guy like Abramov).

If he was playing top PP with Poulin and played with Tardif and Peach otherwise, I think he could seriously reach 90 points while leading his line in his D+2 year. If he was paired with Poulin 100% of the time, he'd probably get 100+, but would not be the guy leading his line.

Best part about it is Stephane Robidas, the Leafs Director of Development, is a Co-Owner of the team so you know the Leafs will be able to trust and keep a very close eye on his development there. Sherbrooke also happens to be the best team in the CHL right now, and will have much of their team intact next year too.
He's had a solid start when taking into account his poor team. Going to a better team would certainly help. Would he be considered an overager next season?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Ya, that’s what I thought. Like we’d basically have to exhaust our AHL team before being able to call him up until his season ends?
Why would you rush him up here? he's nowhere near ready and Just turned 18 a month ago.

We have capable LW's, Korshkov and Engvall are waiting in the wings and Petan has a 66% CF and is getting scratched.

Let him tear it up this year and next and then see if he can jump in once guys like Hyman and Moore price themselves out of town.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He's had a solid start when taking into account his poor team. Going to a better team would certainly help. Would he be considered an overager next season?

No, he would just take an Import spot up like he is this year.

This year 99's are OA's, next year it'll be 00's. Abramov is an 01'.

Reactions: stickty111

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Abramov should have two assists today but for some reason they are only giving One assist on each goal

bouthilier in net makkng some nice saves but seadogs down 4-0

seadogs have young team

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really liked the Abramov pick when it happened. Kid has a lot of talent.

With SDA rebounding, and Robertson looking fantastic, we have a few high talent forwards coming up.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup changes: Baptiste in for Read, Lindgren in over Kivihalme. Woll starts.
I can't watch the game today, as I am outside, but I will try to provide score updates as best I can.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I'm streaming all the Away Marlies games (since someone else is streaming the Home games) on my Facebook account. If you want to watch the Marlies send me an invite, Orpheus Godfree

Right now I am choosing to go through Facebook since I don't care if I get banned on Facebook (I don't use it at all) but in order to stream on Youtube I have to validate my account using my cellphone and I do not want to do that

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
My thoughts on abramov
Small sample

best player on the ice
Made something happen everytime he had the puck

powerplay runs through him down low on the half wall

what iliked most about him always took care of his end zone first then went in the offensive

good skating passing and hockey IQ

opportunities to get better
Gain some weight
Very light for almost six feet tall
Listed at 154 lbs

happy with this pick
Another couple of years he could be a sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca