SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
My thoughts on abramov
Small sample

best player on the ice
Made something happen everytime he had the puck

powerplay runs through him down low on the half wall

what iliked most about him always took care of his end zone first then went in the offensive

good skating passing and hockey IQ

opportunities to get better
Gain some weight
Very light for almost six feet tall
Listed at 154 lbs

happy with this pick
Another couple of years he could be a sleeper

He's 5'11", 162 on the QMJHL website, so it looks like he has already beefed up a little bit ;)

He'll probably get to 180-185 by the time he's ready for the pros. That's enough for a finesse player who is not going to be a dominant physical presence more than likely.

I mean Trevor Moore's size doesn't stop him from being effective with his body and he's 5'10", 174. Meanwhile Marner is allegedly 5'11" (he's more likely 5'9") and only weighs 170.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I really liked the Abramov pick when it happened. Kid has a lot of talent.

With SDA rebounding, and Robertson looking fantastic, we have a few high talent forwards coming up.

Won't be long until we have both of these kids above Bracco on our prospect list! :nod:

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
He's 5'11", 162 on the QMJHL website, so it looks like he has already beefed up a little bit ;)

He'll probably get to 180-185 by the time he's ready for the pros. That's enough for a finesse player who is not going to be a dominant physical presence more than likely.

I mean Trevor Moore's size doesn't stop him from being effective with his body and he's 5'10", 174. Meanwhile Marner is allegedly 5'11" (he's more likely 5'9") and only weighs 170.
He has a low center of gravity and i was quite surprised how he used his body to protect the puck from much bigger players

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies score on the PP. 1-0, Aberg gets the goal. Liljegren and McMaster get the assists. Excellent job by Lilly to fool the defenders and Averg with an easy goal.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Agreed. Once Bracco graduates or used as a main piece in a trade, they’ll be moving up. Good call

LOL my thoughts exactly.

I honestly have no idea whether he ends up as a trade chip or on the Leafs at this point though. Depends on Dubas' plans with Marner, Nylander and Kapanen. If he decides to spread the wealth a bit and move one of Marner or Nylander, than Bracco has a good chance of being one of their replacements. Him and Tavares would make magic together IMO. If he moves Kapanen, most likely Moore is the prime candidate to replace him.

If Dubas refuses to move any of them, or can't find a good offer for them, then most likely it is Bracco on the move at some point this year or in the offseason.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Agreed. Once Bracco graduates or used as a main piece in a trade, they’ll be moving up. Good call

I think you misread my post... Abramov and SDA can’t be above Bracco if Bracco isn’t on the list...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think you misread my post... Abramov and SDA can’t be above Bracco if Bracco isn’t on the list...

They would be ranked, while Bracco would technically be unranked.

It’s a technicality

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He is a much better coach then Babcock.
#firebabcock
You don't have to upset Keefe is good.
6-0-1
6-5-2

What makes you think I’m upset? :huh:

How many other teams have an AHL payroll that we do? Marie’s lost to the mediocre devils and are losing to the mediocre crunch

Reactions: teddygmr

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What makes you think I’m upset? :huh:

How many other teams have an AHL payroll that we do? Marie’s lost to the mediocre devils and are losing to the mediocre crunch

(no team wins every single game of the season)

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Marlies have been on the PK 6 times after 2 periods (now 7 for delay of game) and are right now 1-6
1 bad goal off a very bad bounce off the boards and went into the net
1 good goal even strength

The Marlies have played pretty well

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Marlies have been on the PK 6 times after 2 periods (now 7 for delay of game) and are right now 1-6
1 bad goal off a very bad bounce off the boards and went into the net
1 good goal even strength

The Marlies have played pretty well
Marlies had like 10 shots through 40, they weren't playing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad