Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
When is the deadline to sign Mcgregor before he goes back into the draft? It would be a shame to lose him.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I like Bracco, I really do, and I want him to play in the NHL. With that being said I think Toronto should trade Bracco to a team desperate for a playmaker (like Minnesota) and don't care if that player knows how to backcheck. There is just no way Bracco is going to make it into the top6 on the Leafs and he is not a bottom6 player

I'd bring up Brazeau
Bracco isn't getting anything in return. May as well keep him to dangle in the Seattle expansion draft

Reactions: DarkKnight

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Hes worth at least a 2nd round pick in this season's draft imo. Im not a fan of his style tho - all world passing but crappy play without the puck wont fly in this team

Bracco would be lucky to fetch a fourth rounder.

Definitely not a second. You don’t get a second for a 3rd year pro who hasn’t played an nhl game. It’s widely recognized that he isn’t committed defensively.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Kral with a goal and an assist yesterday. Smart move to send him back to junior and lucky that spokane is using an overager and import spot on him.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

Definitely not a second. You don’t get a second for a 3rd year pro who hasn’t played an nhl game. It’s widely recognized that he isn’t committed defensively.

Teams like Minnesota and LA would love the injection of youth and skill and probably wouldn't mind how piss poor Bracco backchecks

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Abramov with 2 goals in the 1st period. He already has half his goal totals from last season. When you consider how bad his team is, he's had a solid start.
The criticism of Abramov was he was hesitant to shoot, but he showed signs in the 2nd half last season, and this season is averging about 3.5 shots/game.
I also didn't know he was a centre. I thought he was a winger.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

But then he wins the AHL scoring championship. I doubt you get the 32nd pick but if he tears up the AHL this season he should get you a late 2nd. He hasn't shown he cannot score in the NHL yet either, and thats the "allure". He doesn't need 4 years of percolation so for clubs with no secondary scoring he would look pretty good, especially to a GM with some win now pressure.

The only way that bubble should burst is if he fails to build off last season in the AHL or gets called up and does nothing in 9 games. I would much sooner see him get a call up and a top 6 opportunity than be dealt for #55 untested. Not a huge fan but he looked like something pretty good in the playoffs. I don't think that has evaporated.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
But then he wins the AHL scoring championship. I doubt you get the 32nd pick but if he tears up the AHL this season he should get you a late 2nd. He hasn't shown he cannot score in the NHL yet either, and thats the "allure". He doesn't need 4 years of percolation so for clubs with no secondary scoring he would look pretty good, especially to a GM with some win now pressure.

The only way that bubble should burst is if he fails to build off last season in the AHL or gets called up and does nothing in 9 games. I would much sooner see him get a call up and a top 6 opportunity than be dealt for #55 untested. Not a huge fan but he looked like something pretty good in the playoffs. I don't think that has evaporated.
I don’t think there is a a chance Bracco gets you anywhere near a 2nd based on a AHL career. He’s a throw in on a bigger deal, or you swap him for some AHL D. Bracco hasn’t proved anything and he was horrible in camp, lazy and not even close even strength.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don’t think there is a a chance Bracco gets you anywhere near a 2nd based on a AHL career. He’s a throw in on a bigger deal, or you swap him for some AHL D. Bracco hasn’t proved anything and he was horrible in camp, lazy and not even close even strength.

It's really difficult to find a suitable past trade as a comparable because PPG prospects in their 3rd year of the AHL almost never get traded for a pick straight up. The best I could do is Linden Vey for the 50th pick on draft day in the summer of 2014 after putting up 3 years of 0.58, 0.91, and 1.12 PPG is the AHL and 5 points in 18 games in the NHL. Bracco's had 0.64, and 1.05 in his first 2 years, we'll see what this year holds. Vey has 1 inch and 4 pounds on Bracco, and a slight better juniors career picked 35 spots lower in the draft. Both right wingers.

Funny enough Vey is now a PPG KHL player with CSKA Moscow, hope we're scouting him too :sarcasm:

Reactions: DarkKnight

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Other comparables could include bernier or baertschi when thinking of bracco. Bracco can traded for a pick between an early third to a 5th. I do not understand the board's obsession with Mcgregor. His scouting reports do not highlight any strong attributes and it would not suprise me if we had better prospects in the echl or ahl level at center behind engvall and brooks.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
A 22-year old prospect who is already a top producer at the AHL level will always get you a decent pick, or something of equivalent value. Not liking Bracco as a prospect shouldn't be confused with his value on the market. Guys with his pedigree are rarely even traded unless for a equivalent prospect or as a part of the acquisition price for a high-end player.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
A 22-year old prospect who is already a top producer at the AHL level will always get you a decent pick, or something of equivalent value. Not liking Bracco as a prospect shouldn't be confused with his value on the market. Guys with his pedigree are rarely even traded unless for a equivalent prospect or as a part of the acquisition price for a high-end player.

I don’t see it... I’d like to, but I just don’t.

Who is going to give a 2nd or high 3rd for a player whose main attribute is passing the puck?

He’s small and not the best of skaters - bad combo...
He doesn’t score many goals
He isn’t reliable defensively

I don’t think there is a hot market for players like this...

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I don’t see it... I’d like to, but I just don’t.

Who is going to give a 2nd or high 3rd for a player whose main attribute is passing the puck?

He’s small and not the best of skaters - bad combo...
He doesn’t score many goals
He isn’t reliable defensively

I don’t think there is a hot market for players like this...
Marner begs to differ. :D

Reactions: nuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->