Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
That was a hard game to watch, the refs really wanted to be apart of it (Aberg totally freaked out at the ref during the play)

Oh well, 6-0-2
Things to work on, next game is Nov1 so lots of time to practice practice practice!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Crunch win it in OT, but the Marlies find a way to get a point again after being down by 2.
Thats a coach that can motivate his team.
They haven't played well in either game, so lots to work on.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That was pretty, he's starting to show some offensive IQ I had some doubts he was capable of
It might be just confidence. He is bringing offense into his well rounded game. He is still playing on the 2nd PP which is a rare criticism I have of Keefe, but he is doing well there. I'm not expecting huge numbers, but 2nd pair type production is possible.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
That was pretty, he's starting to show some offensive IQ I had some doubts he was capable of

I never doubted Liljegren for a minute. He is starting to dominate this year now that he’s healthy and getting opportunities. And he’s doing it all on the second powerplay unit, imagine if he got to play with Bracco like Sandin does..

Liljegren’s powerplay quarterbacking skills are pretty impressive. He had another PP point today that will count as ES since the Crunch player hopped out of the box less than a second before the puck crossed the goal line. Great games today from Liljegren and Aberg despite a poor showing by the rest of the team.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I never doubted Liljegren for a minute. He is starting to dominate this year now that he’s healthy and getting opportunities. And he’s doing it all on the second powerplay unit, imagine if he got to play with Bracco like Sandin does..

Liljegren’s powerplay quarterbacking skills are pretty impressive. He had another PP point today that will count as ES since the Crunch player hopped out of the box less than a second before the puck crossed the goal line. Great games today from Liljegren and Aberg despite a poor showing by the rest of the team.
I will be watching the game from today, as I missed it. Good to hear Lilly played well.
I think a reason Lilly fits well on the powerplay because he has a shot you can't ignore, but if you lean on that, he can set players up.
If Lilly turns into a player who can give minutes on both special teams, and carry play at 5 on 5, that would be huge for the Leafs.

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
People just don't realize how hard it is to produce as a teenage defensemen in the AHL, especially given the role he had last year.

Even with next to zero powerplay time last year he still had the 16th highest PPG ever for a 19 year old D-man in the AHL. Right behind Brent Burns, Ryan Suter, and Vyacheslav Voynov.

As an 18 year old he had the highest PPG ever until Sandin blew away that record last year.

Now, at an age where most kids enter the AHL, he is playing close to 30 minutes a night, is the defensive presence between him and Sandin, and is also producing in a secondary PP situation.

The offense has always been there, but the Leafs will benefit heavily from Liljegren focusing on his defensive game almost exclusively last year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I will be watching the game from today, as I missed it. Good to hear Lilly played well.
I think a reason Lilly fits well on the powerplay because he has a shot you can't ignore, but if you lean on that, he can set players up.
If Lilly turns into a player who can give minutes on both special teams, and carry play at 5 on 5, that would be huge for the Leafs.

I can see the Leafs turning to a 2 defense PP for the 2nd unit at some point. Between Rielly, Sandin, Dermott and Liljegren, there's going to be ample talent to choose from on the PP and the PK (Rielly shouldn't even have to waste himself on the PK TBH)... Better than some of the options they'd have at forward TBH.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect of the week. 2 players in contention this week. Riley Stotts and Nick Robertson. Stotts had 4 points in 2 games this week, with 2 PP points and 2 ES points. You can't vote against the Hat trick by Robertson though so he gets it. Robertson had 5 points in 2 games, and completed the hat trick shorthanded.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Updated October 27th
Nick Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 14 Goals: 16 Assists: 9 Points: 25 SOG: 63 Rating: +11 ESP: 16 PPP: 8 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM: 1

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 12 Goals: 2 Assists: 20 Points: 22 SOG: 19 Rating: +9 ESP: 15 PPP: 6 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 16 Goals: 3 Assists: 6 Points: 9 SOG: 28 Rating: +5 ESP: 3 PPP: 6 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 11 Goals: 6 Assists: 7 Points: 13 SOG: 40 Rating: +4 ESP: 8 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 17 Goals: 9 Assists: 8 Points: 17 SOG: 63 Rating: -8 ESP: 5 PPP: 12 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 13 Goals: 4 Assists: 9 Points: 13 SOG: 42 Rating: +6 ESP: 8 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 12 GAA: 4.15 SV%: .886 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 9 Rating: -4 ESP: PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO
Games: 2 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 1 Rating: -1 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

JD Greenway NCAA UofM
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 15 Rating: +2 ESP: 4 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 14 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 11 Rating: +1 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 54.20 TOI: 11:27 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 18 Goals: 1 Assists: Points: 1 SOG: 23 Rating: -1 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:49 POW: POM:

Vladislav Kara VHL Bars
Games: 15 Goals: 5 Assists: 10 Points: 15 SOG: 56 Rating: +13 ESP: 14 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 15:38 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 11
Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 37.4 TOI: 16:08 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: Rating: -7 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:36 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 4 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 9 Rating: +4 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: 55.40 TOI: 20:05 POW: POM:

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Updated October 27th
Nicholas Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 14 Goals: 16 Assists: 9 Points: 25 SOG: 63 Rating: +11 ESP: 16 PPP: 8 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM: 1

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 12 Goals: 2 Assists: 20 Points: 22 SOG: 19 Rating: +9 ESP: 15 PPP: 6 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 16 Goals: 3 Assists: 6 Points: 9 SOG: 28 Rating: +5 ESP: 3 PPP: 6 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 11 Goals: 6 Assists: 7 Points: 13 SOG: 40 Rating: +4 ESP: 8 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 2 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 17 Goals: 9 Assists: 8 Points: 17 SOG: 63 Rating: -8 ESP: 5 PPP: 12 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 13 Goals: 4 Assists: 9 Points: 13 SOG: 42 Rating: +6 ESP: 8 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 12 GAA: 4.15 SV%: .886 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 9 Rating: -4 ESP: PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO
Games: 2 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 1 Rating: -1 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

JD Greenway NCAA UofM
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 15 Rating: +2 ESP: 4 PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 14 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 11 Rating: +1 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 54.20 TOI: 11:27 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 18 Goals: 1 Assists: Points: 1 SOG: 23 Rating: -1 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:49 POW: POM:

Vladislav Kara VHL Bars
Games: 15 Goals: 5 Assists: 10 Points: 15 SOG: 56 Rating: +13 ESP: 14 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 15:38 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 11
Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 37.4 TOI: 16:08 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 9 Goals: 2 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: Rating: -7 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 10:36 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 4 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 9 Rating: +4 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: 55.40 TOI: 20:05 POW: POM:
Stotts is heating up fellas. Trust me, he’ll be a legit prospect. Also NICK ROBERTSON

Leafs604fan

Sep 13, 2019
Does anyone have any updates on when the following marlies players will return to action?

(Pension plan puppets, maple leafs hot stove, the leafs nation, etc has no reports on these players)

(Stickty111 and seaofblue...do you have any info ?)

- Mason marchment
- kalle kossila
- Adam brooks

When brooks and kossila finally return, it will definitely help the marlies up the middle. (Pretty weak with McMaster and elyniuk (0 pts) as leads 3rd and 4th line centers)
Even gaudet as their no.1 center , he seems out of place.

Any chance Petan and/or shore will be sent down to the marlies once hyman and Tavares returns?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Does anyone have any updates on when the following marlies players will return to action?

(Pension plan puppets, maple leafs hot stove, the leafs nation, etc has no reports on these players)

(Stickty111 and seaofblue...do you have any info ?)

- Mason marchment
- kalle kossila
- Adam brooks

When brooks and kossila finally return, it will definitely help the marlies up the middle. (Pretty weak with McMaster and elyniuk (0 pts) as leads 3rd and 4th line centers)
Even gaudet as their no.1 center , he seems out of place.

Any chance Petan and/or shore will be sent down to the marlies once hyman and Tavares returns?
Petan can still go down without waivers for another week or so I believe so I think we do that to get him playing.

Shore would have to clear but I don't think he's been enough of an impact player to get claimed. I like him but yes I think he does at some point too.

as for the Marlies guys I can't help on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00