Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
5 points in almost 6 games now for Kokkonen. He's surprisingly looked better than Kral 5on5 so far in the AHL, despite Kral having the better year before coming over IMO.

Kokkonen's definitely improved his stock with this stint. He's showing more offense and poise than what I've seen from him at the WJC and Liiga.
There was a play a game or two ago where Kokkonen did a head fake to go around his man on the point before making a nice pass to his teammate. There is no way he would do that before. Said it before he has more offense then he has shown.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I've mentioned this a few times in this thread, but Gogolev looks like a player to me. Another good game for him. Have the same feeling with him as I did with Holl back when he started with the Marlies.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Looks like a real nice game for Woll, and Lili with a primary assist on the game winner.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver

What else is he supposed to say?

"Greg Moore is the best coach in the history of the Toronto Marlies. He deeply cares about the development of the players and is a professional in dealing with the media. He totally didn't leverage his connections with the chicago steel in acquiring the assistant coach job with the marlies and j.ac.k h.an quit his job as marlies assistant (which probably pays at least 100k) to become an online blogger. NHL teams will be pursuing him during the off-season as he will be highly coveted. He has done a lot with the few resources he is given in Toronto. He is the kind of coach players dream about playing for."

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
"Greg Moore is the best coach in the history of the Toronto Marlies. He deeply cares about the development of the players and is a professional in dealing with the media. He totally didn't leverage his connections with the chicago steel in acquiring the assistant coach job with the marlies and j.ac.k h.an quit his job as marlies assistant (which probably pays at least 100k) to become an online blogger. NHL teams will be pursuing him during the off-season as he will be highly coveted. He has done a lot with the few resources he is given in Toronto. He is the kind of coach players dream about playing for."

I mean, that was a lot of work.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
It feels like any game Moore coaches we’re likely going to lose and if anyone else coaches we’ll win at this point

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I predict kokkonen in 2/3 years will be one of our top 4 dmen

Underrated at the WJC behind topi
His controlled exits I remember were among the best in the tournament I believe. He did look a bit lost in front of his own net from time to time, but overall I thought he had a great tourny. And clearly his coaching staff did as well by awarding him one of Finland's top 3 players

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

He's reportedly signed for two more years in Liiga. One year with the Marlies, and maybe he's ready for the Leafs. Decent weight for a guy his height, not sure of his ability to play physically.

What I've seen otherwise is promising. Let's hope that he can continue to grow us a player of the next two years.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Keep in mind that he has already played 5 seasons of professional hockey in Liiga so coming over to the AHL was probably much easier transition for him than say a guy like Kral who only had 1.

The finer details of the game are much more polished for him at this stage. Can his skating keep up? and can he add enough offense to be effective at both ends? Those would be the question marks at the next level.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I believe that may be what is called the "kiss of death". Namely say nice things about some guy you want someone else to hire or at least not feel crippling guilt when you have to fire the individual.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not going to lie, Kokkonen has surpassed my expectations with the Marlies. I was expecting little to no offensive output while being strong defensively and effective in transition.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Dubas and co seem to have abondoned the marlies. The goaltending is a shitshow.

The goaltending is not even in the bottom 3 of things that suck on that team.

1) Defense.
2) Being able to make basic plays/passes.
3) Special Teams.

And then maybe goaltending. Although our defense is so bad that it is hard to even tell how bad the goaltending is.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
To the people judging Kokkonen on his output in Liiga, he played for Jukkirt. That team has no offense. All their offense comes from Rindell.

Now he's not ppg material, but he's going to be a 20-30 point NHL defenseman

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
No Nick Robertson tonight. Dang.
I wasn’t able to find an update after last games injury. Hopefully it wasn’t a serious concussion or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad