Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Marlies have resources whicb is why they win argument never made a lot of sense. If it was that easy to win with resources, how come Dubas and Keefe are the only ones to win a championship for the Marlies?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The Marlies have resources whicb is why they win argument never made a lot of sense. If it was that easy to win with resources, how come Dubas and Keefe are the only ones to win a championship for the Marlies?
The resources have provided noticable differences in the way we develop players and it is noticable when they get to this level, but Moore's system seems to mitigate any talent we may have. It's really quite remarkable.

Gord Dineen is somebody I would consider bringing back if we could. He was great in 14/15 with a group very similar to this. Having Piero Greco may have helped but I thought he got the most out of the players he had on that roster.

Edit: Snowden also deserves his shot with this team as well. I woykd be fine with either option.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
He has been pretty 'meh' until this playoffs.
Hopefully his play over the last 14 games continues into next season. What I liked most was his points didnt really come off super snipes or insane deeks, they were mostly (from what I saw) being sound positionally and knowing when to pounce.

Another year or two of good SHL play/ dominance would go a long way into him being considered a legit NHL prospect.

Saying that, how many 22 y.o's have a SHL playoff MVP to their name?

Reactions: uncleben

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Amazing accomplishment by Holmberg. PPG in the playoffs and MVP. It would be great if he could follow that up, by becoming a PPG player in their regular season next year.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Me thinks we underrated Holmberg a little bit.

I was ahead of the curve arguing for him at 16 here, (Brooks and Miettinen) also on the board. You'd think with the back 9 he's having even that would be low, but looking at the list, who deserves to fall? We've got an incredibly deep and flat pool. There's the top 4 followed by maybe Niemela, and thenprobably 10 guys at that next level, all legitimately strong prospects

Reactions: Twine Tickler

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
upload_2021-5-11_11-16-10.png

He's in pretty good company in terms of the players that have won this award in the past who are in the same age range. EP won it in his D+1 season, where as Holmberg won it in his D+2 season. Silfverberg won it in his D+3 season before making the jump over to the NHL The rest of the winners have been significantly older as you can see.

Reactions: Lauro

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
He could be a late bloomer or this could be a fluke, as mentioned before his production has been pretty disappointing until these playoffs so i don't think he's been underrated.
I think he started to turn it on a bit near the end of the year. Without watching any of his games, and just looking at game logs, He finished the last 19 games of the regular season with 13pts. Just prior to those 19 games he had a stretch of 11 games where he only registered 1pt. But other than that he looked to be relatively consistent. When looking back at his last 33GP which includes that 19 game stretch + playoffs he registered 27pts in those 33GP. That's very good for a 22 year old in the SHL from what I know. Again, I have not watched a single game of his. So I really am only basing what I know off of Pt production, which obviously only tells part of the story. He easily could just be a late bloomer. I'd love to have someone who has seen him play give a more in depth assessment. He had been getting a bit more of my attention in the later half of his regular season, this MVP playoff campaign is just the cherry on top IMO

#29 Pontus Holmberg

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Just gonna share our prospect list bc I'm still in aw
  1. Robertson
  2. Sandin
  3. Liljegren
  4. Amirov
  5. Niemela
  6. Abramov
  7. Abbruzzese
  8. Hallander
  9. Hirvonen
  10. Miettinen
  11. Kokkonen
  12. SDA
  13. Anderson
  14. Ovchinnikov
  15. Steeves
  16. Holmberg
  17. Koster
  18. Kral
  19. Villeneuve
  20. Tverberg
  21. Duzcak
  22. Rindell
  23. Miller
  24. Hollowell
  25. Loponen
  26. Schingoethe
  27. Herzog*
Plus goalies:
  1. Ahktyamov
  2. Woll
  3. Scott
  4. Vehvillainen
Like that's a legitimately deep pipeline, I'd argue everyone up to Kral has a solid shot at NHL games. I love it!

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Just gonna share our prospect list bc I'm still in aw
  1. Robertson
  2. Sandin
  3. Liljegren
  4. Amirov
  5. Niemela
  6. Abramov
  7. Abbruzzese
  8. Hallander
  9. Hirvonen
  10. Miettinen
  11. Kokkonen
  12. SDA
  13. Anderson
  14. Ovchinnikov
  15. Steeves
  16. Holmberg
  17. Koster
  18. Kral
  19. Villeneuve
  20. Tverberg
  21. Duzcak
  22. Rindell
  23. Miller
  24. Hollowell
  25. Loponen
  26. Schingoethe
  27. Herzog*
Plus goalies:
  1. Ahktyamov
  2. Woll
  3. Scott
  4. Vehvillainen
Like that's a legitimately deep pipeline, I'd argue everyone up to Kral has a solid shot at NHL games. I love it!
its the deepest pool I have seen this club have for sure. I could see maybe half of those players playing NHL games at some point in their careers. Maybe even more than half. Pretty remarkable TBH. This scouting staff have really done a great job as of late

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Some notes for the Marlies game. Robertson getting a day off. SDA is on taxi apparently.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
View attachment 432696

He's in pretty good company in terms of the players that have won this award in the past who are in the same age range. EP won it in his D+1 season, where as Holmberg won it in his D+2 season. Silfverberg won it in his D+3 season before making the jump over to the NHL The rest of the winners have been significantly older as you can see.

Holmberg is a D+3. He was drafted as a D+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->