Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
At this rate they will have 60+ shots against us. Almost at 30 and there is still almost 15 minutes left in the 2nd.
Whaaaaatttt is happening down there?
And love how that writer describes being outshot 20-6 in the 1st period as ‘not horrible’.
That’s pretty horrible.

Reactions: blueberrie

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Whaaaaatttt is happening down there?
And love how that writer describes being outshot 20-6 in the 1st period as ‘not horrible’.
That’s pretty horrible.

Some of the shots were pretty weak and low danger. It inflated it a little bit, and they did perform better in the second half of the game (only gave up 10 or 11 shots), but Vehvilainen had a fairly good game.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Liljegren has some of the most disastrous turnovers at times. Wish that would go away.
He’s frickin incredible aside from those ghastly plays that pop up every once and awhile.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Liljegren has some of the most disastrous turnovers at times. Wish that would go away.
He’s frickin incredible aside from those ghastly plays that pop up every once and awhile.

I am not even sure how that turnover happened. It was like he was turning to pass to his right but the puck slid into his skates and got caught up in there. That does not happen to him very often... At least not more often than literally any other defenseman in hockey.

I am more concerned that a clear trip that prevented him from recovering was missed. Stick was clearly in his feet and he was taken down, leading to the breakaway.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's not really a turnover. The stick seemed to get stuck in his skate. It could have happened to anyone.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Ah okay good, I didn’t watch the replay after it happened. It looked at the time like he lost his balance while performing a finesse move . He can get his legs crossed up at times. I watch almost all Marlies games and find that every now and then it’s a weird turnover. I do think he is too good for the AHL though.

Last edited:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
5 points in almost 6 games now for Kokkonen. He's surprisingly looked better than Kral 5on5 so far in the AHL, despite Kral having the better year before coming over IMO.

Kokkonen's definitely improved his stock with this stint. He's showing more offense and poise than what I've seen from him at the WJC and Liiga.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Marlies with two PPG so far this game. Maybe the Leafs need to watch some of their film.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
5 points in almost 6 games now for Kokkonen. He's surprisingly looked better than Kral 5on5 so far in the AHL, despite Kral having the better year before coming over IMO.

Kokkonen's definitely improved his stock with this stint. He's showing more offense and poise than what I've seen from him at the WJC and Liiga.

Looks like his skating has improved. I remember when we drafted him I thought if anything held him back it'd be his skating because at times he looked so stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad