Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wow! The bolded brought back a memory that I had worked really hard to suppress.

Are you old enough to remember the 1987 draft? GM Gord Stellick overruled his scouts to select Luke Richardson at 7th overall because he wanted a big, defensive defenseman. The scouts wanted the slightly undersized centre, Joe Sakic. It is not like the Leafs missed out on a Hall of Fame player. Oh wait, that is exactly what they did!

In 2020 the scouting reports that I ready ranked Schneider for late in the first round or even second round. Leafs management make their mistakes, but at least they know enough to take the BPA when they are drafting.

Yeah I grew up listening to that story about how we missed out on Joe Sakic and got stuck with a fridge like Luke Richardson. Then went pretty hard against the Luke Schenn pick at 5th in 2008 because Cody Hodsgon, Nikita Filatov and Colin Wilson, Mikkel Boedker were all there for the taking.

As for Schneider, he was ranked 17th on a very mainstream 2020 draft preview, 2 spots ahead of Amirov, who looks like a great prospect himself.

Bob McKenzie's Final Ranking: Lafreniere the surest thing in most uncertain draft year - TSN.ca

At the end of the day, there's no reason to have any bias against any player type under two conditions: 1) the organization really knows who they're getting 2) you don't already have a backlog of the same type of prospect with similar upside at that position.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Take a look at what he likes on Twitter (he just shut down his Twitter)

Hope the Leafs drop this guy. Don't know how the Leafs can pretend to be an inclusive or progressive organization when they hire people who are openly intolerant and hateful.

And you can say it's a "matter of a difference of opinion" or whatever. Okay whatever, sure, but my opinion is that people shouldn't be transphobic assholes and if your "political opinion/beliefs" is characterized by open transphobia and racism (and make these opinions known) and are against basic equality then I don't think you deserve a place in an allegedly inclusive organization

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
When dusty imoo left for the khl, i thought it was suspicious that no nhl team wanted to pick him up. LA has had a robust and consistent development program for its goalies. For him to not receive a promotion was kind of weird, but it makes sense now.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
In before this thread gets cleaned up but…

boy… I hope people are just this curious and active in digging into the history of their coworkers in real life. Maybe don’t worry about their social media and instead look at how they treat the people they work with?

My manager is a big trumper (In Canada) when I have voted Liberal twice in a row now. Still get along great and he is one of the best managers I have had, even if the political views and completely opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad