Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't blame Freddy for the 1st goal, but he is was completly committed to the other side, and gave himself no chance on the tip. The 2nd and 3rd umm they need to be stopped.

The first one was arguably the softest. The 2nd and 3rd were at least good shots, even if he was on his knees when he should have been up. Perfetti is a good goal scorer too.

An unscreened, weak point shot should never be a goal if it is not tipped. It was a clean shot and Andersen was flat out not in position and missed it.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Fred just doesnt track the puck well anymore and that's why you see so many shots go in from long distances.

Add in the fact he gives up tons of five hole goals and can also be beat high glove because he drops so much and that's a awful combination.

I would assume the book on him is out and teams know exactly where to shoot because he has some glaring weak spots.

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The defensive zone coverage for the Marlies is awful. They have given up at least 5 point blank opportunities within the last 5 minutes of the 1st period.

Could be in part that they have a young defensive squad, or it could be the fact that their system doesn't collapse enough. I haven't been watching closely enough to see, but they gave up 20 shots in the first.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Make it 3. He flat out missed this one.

I've never been one to learn systems but the Marlies disinterested or flat our lost and it doesn't look like an easy puck to track for Anderson. Why is number 11 have no coverage at the end play, hr also jumped out of the way of the puck and made himself tiny. Just a bad looking team.

Reactions: cookie

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lol Woll looks awful. He’s literally in the net on that goal.
20 shots in one period against him... I think when goalies are on bad teams getting pummeled, it's difficult to be systematic in net.... im sure he's having to move a lot.

Reactions: Atomos2

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The defensive zone coverage for the Marlies is awful. They have given up at least 5 point blank opportunities within the last 5 minutes of the 1st period.

Could be in part that they have a young defensive squad, or it could be the fact that their system doesn't collapse enough. I haven't been watching closely enough to see, but they gave up 20 shots in the first.
Partly it's the young defence, but mainly it's the system Moore has instilled.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Guys lack basic fundamentals, and I don't think it is because our players have low IQ. I think it is on our coaching.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Greg Moore, Marlies head coach: “Greg has probably had two of the toughest first pro seasons of any coach. But he has a lot of experience with dealing with younger players because of his ability to see the game, relate to his players and how that he organizes his thought process. I think just has such a bright future in the coaching ranks.

Scott Perellin on Greg Moore. This is basically what you say about someone you just fired.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Guys lack basic fundamentals, and I don't think it is because our players have low IQ. I think it is on our coaching.
There is no way the defense should be that bad. Especially with Marincin and Rosen in there.

Even next year starting with Kivihalme, Kral, Rubins on the left and Hollowell, Duszak on the right they should be able to move the puck extremely well.

I don't know how you consider keeping him at all. Nobody has really gotten better under him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad