Player Discussion: Marko Dano

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Agree. Maybe take a page out of Lemieux' playbook and come in lighter and quicker.

Maybe not

IMG_3355.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
i am excited that jets will have a credible 4th line that will will act more like a third scoring line or can be converted to an energy line. scoring with petan or swap him out for lowry or lemieux.

dano brings the most energy/fun hits of any player. little cannonball out there. lenieux and dano might be a fun duo for the jets. two "little balls of hate" out there hanging off of large centreman.

I hope it does.
We've had some reasons for optimism before for this.
But this is the best chance yet to do it.
Connor is the potential ignition cap to create an offensive explosion.
If he can push people down the lineup it will improve the 3rd and the 4th lines theoretically. Is this the year Dano gets the right linemates and more minutes and breaks out? Or does the bench become crowded and further limit his opportunities?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He has all off-season to get lean and fit. Might also protect him from injuries.

I'm all for a fire hydrant build if it is actually muscle.

Orlov is listed at the same. Komorov at 210. Clutterbuck at 218. Crosby, Skinner and Gagner are listed at an even 200.

His agitating style and net front game could be helped by mass - but only if it is clean.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm all for a fire hydrant build if it is actually muscle.

Orlov is listed at the same. Komorov at 210. Clutterbuck at 218. Crosby, Skinner and Gagner are listed at an even 200.

His agitating style and net front game could be helped by mass - but only if it is clean.

Agreed.

Even if Dano is very stocky, watching him play and train in camp indicated to me that he lacks quickness and conditioning. He'll need to improve both to maximize his effectiveness, in my opinion.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Really doubt Dano makes the Jets opening day roster out of training camp, something about Dano that Mo doesn't like or maybe it's Mo!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Go Dano! Would love to see him show up at TC in top notch shape - I know there are many that don't like his unorthodox style, but I think he's a very useful top 9 piece that can score.

Other players hate his ****-eating grin too when he gets in their grill. :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I highly doubt they put him on waivers

Yes it would make the whole expansion draft excercise of "keeping the group together" pointless if the Jets waive him and lose him for nothing.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Players who don't require waivers for the upcoming season:

Ehlers (1 year or 6 games remaining - whichever comes first)
Morrissey (1 year / 77 games remaining)
Petan (1/80)
De Leo (1 year)
Kostalek, Lodge (1 year)
Poolman, Phillips (2/60)
Comrie (2/79)
Laine (2/87)
Connor (2/140)
Nogier (2/150)
Lemieux (2/160)
Niku, Appleton (3/80)
Roslovic, Spacek, Harkins (3/160)

I think that's it. Everyone else - including Dano, Lipon, Buddy Robinson, Andrew Copp, Hellebucyk and whoever else isn't listed above would need to clear waivers at the start of the year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Really doubt Dano makes the Jets opening day roster out of training camp, something about Dano that Mo doesn't like or maybe it's Mo!

Go Dano! Would love to see him show up at TC in top notch shape - I know there are many that don't like his unorthodox style, but I think he's a very useful top 9 piece that can score.

If Dano gets in shape, as he appears to be working at, I think Maurice will like him a lot.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Man if this guy could break through this season it would be great. Hopefully him and Petan are deployed correctly with some good linemates and can break through and gain confidence in their game.

Still think a Perreault - Petan - Dano 3rd line would be a huge force for this team. This line could get prime matchups and get some points on the board. Maurice would still have his Matthias/Copp - Lowry - Armia 4th line for defensive responsibilities as he clearly wants a "defense" line.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Players who don't require waivers for the upcoming season:

Ehlers (1 year or 6 games remaining - whichever comes first)
Morrissey (1 year / 77 games remaining)
Petan (1/80)
De Leo (1 year)
Kostalek, Lodge (1 year)
Poolman, Phillips (2/60)
Comrie (2/79)
Laine (2/87)
Connor (2/140)
Nogier (2/150)
Lemieux (2/160)
Niku, Appleton (3/80)
Roslovic, Spacek, Harkins (3/160)

I think that's it. Everyone else - including Dano, Lipon, Buddy Robinson, Andrew Copp, Hellebucyk and whoever else isn't listed above would need to clear waivers at the start of the year.

Unfortunately that might mean Petan is the odd man out :(

Still think a Perreault - Petan - Dano 3rd line would be a huge force for this team. This line could get prime matchups and get some points on the board. Maurice would still have his Matthias/Copp - Lowry - Armia 4th line for defensive responsibilities as he clearly wants a "defense" line.

Yes please :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I'd be good with these two lines as the "bottom 6".

I think you could also try...

Perreault-Lowry-Dano
Copp-Petan-Armia

That Petan line was very effective for a short stint. Lowry might offer a stronger defensive presence than Petan with Perreault and Dano, giving up a bit of offense for defense, but balancing out the bottom two lines.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd be good with these two lines as the "bottom 6".

I think you could also try...

Perreault-Lowry-Dano
Copp-Petan-Armia

That Petan line was very effective for a short stint. Lowry might offer a stronger defensive presence than Petan with Perreault and Dano, giving up a bit of offense for defense, but balancing out the bottom two lines.

Options a plenty. And the best part is Matthias, Petan, Copp or Dano will be the 13th forward instead of Thor. So A) there is no big drop off with our first injury and B) it allows for competition night in and night out as there is a quality player waiting to take your spot if youre not producing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Options a plenty. And the best part is Matthias, Petan, Copp or Dano will be the 13th forward instead of Thor. So A) there is no big drop off with our first injury and B) it allows for competition night in and night out as there is a quality player waiting to take your spot if youre not producing.

Yup, and you have Roslovic waiting in the wings to add another very bright young talent to the mix.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, and you have Roslovic waiting in the wings to add another very bright young talent to the mix.

That was a real Savvy pick by the Jets, he is a guy that has the ability to play with very talented players, I always felt he would be a great third line centre with the skill to move up in case of injuries. He will start with the Moose IMO but will be an NHL regular very soon.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I have to wonder if his exercise program is going in the right direction if he has suddenly gained nearly 30 lbs! That won't do anything for his speed/quickness and stamina.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00