Player Discussion: Marko Dano

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
I have to wonder if his exercise program is going in the right direction if he has suddenly gained nearly 30 lbs! That won't do anything for his speed/quickness and stamina.

It'll be useful if he plans to buy a farm outside of Winnipeg and plough his own fields in the offseason.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Really doubt Dano makes the Jets opening day roster out of training camp, something about Dano that Mo doesn't like or maybe it's Mo!

Not a chance in hell Dano doesn't make the Jets.

Dano off the opening day roster=Dano no longer part of the organization.

Further the Jets are weak on the right side. By that alone Dano makes the team by default as he literally has no competition. It's Armia, Dano then the next best being JC Lipon or Buddy Robinson. Neither are making the opening day roster. After that its' Spacek or Lodge.

You could certainly make an argument for Roslovic being shifted to wing from centre, but again highly unlikely. If he's truly to one day be Little's replacement, he needs to playing at centre.

I don't mind a healthy argument regarding this, but please bring something to the table other than "Mo no like Dano"

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That was a real Savvy pick by the Jets, he is a guy that has the ability to play with very talented players, I always felt he would be a great third line centre with the skill to move up in case of injuries. He will start with the Moose IMO but will be an NHL regular very soon.

I think he's proving that he is a very talented player.

Not Matthews or Tkachuk, but perhaps not far off White and Keller. He was good in the AHL. All three zones.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not a chance in hell Dano doesn't make the Jets.

Dano off the opening day roster=Dano no longer part of the organization.

Further the Jets are weak on the right side. By that alone Dano makes the team by default as he literally has no competition. It's Armia, Dano then the next best being JC Lipon or Buddy Robinson. Neither are making the opening day roster. After that its' Spacek or Lodge.

You could certainly make an argument for Roslovic being shifted to wing from centre, but again highly unlikely. If he's truly to one day be Little's replacement, he needs to playing at centre.

I don't mind a healthy argument regarding this, but please bring something to the table other than "Mo no like Dano"

OK. Mo insists Dano play LW. Maybe that is development and changes someday. Or maybe it is permanent. It is the only thing we have seen so far.

I'm with you, BTW. I just don't think Mo is with us.
MP, Petan, Dano, Copp, Lowry, Armia could be an outstanding bottom 6 with Matthias as 13th F. There are several different ways to line them up and there doesn't have to be a sharp difference in TOI by the time ST's time is factored in.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
OK. Mo insists Dano play LW. Maybe that is development and changes someday. Or maybe it is permanent. It is the only thing we have seen so far.

I'm with you, BTW. I just don't think Mo is with us.
MP, Petan, Dano, Copp, Lowry, Armia could be an outstanding bottom 6 with Matthias as 13th F. There are several different ways to line them up and there doesn't have to be a sharp difference in TOI by the time ST's time is factored in.

He's going to have to play some player at RW that he views as a LW (unless Roslovic makes the roster). Dano has the most experience, and I think Mo will see it that way also.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's going to have to play some player at RW that he views as a LW (unless Roslovic makes the roster). Dano has the most experience, and I think Mo will see it that way also.

Could be but he was certainly rigid about that last year. The RW vacancy is on the 4th line. That could be filled by Tanev, Matthias, Copp or even Lipon. Or Dano. Personally, I like Dano at 3RW if he can play well enough to push Armia down. I just won't believe Mo will do that until I see it.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Could be but he was certainly rigid about that last year. The RW vacancy is on the 4th line. That could be filled by Tanev, Matthias, Copp or even Lipon. Or Dano. Personally, I like Dano at 3RW if he can play well enough to push Armia down. I just won't believe Mo will do that until I see it.

True, but don't forget that in the previous season he was only played at RW. Even at the cost of playing Stafford on the LW. So Maurice playing Dano at RW is not without precedent.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
True, but don't forget that in the previous season he was only played at RW. Even at the cost of playing Stafford on the LW. So Maurice playing Dano at RW is not without precedent.

OK, but apparently he didn't like what he saw. :laugh:
Who played 4RW while Dano sat in the PB to end the season?

Lets hope that was PM developing a young player and Dano plays this year. :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010

So far with the Jets, I don't think Dano has showed enough consistently to play ahead of Armia. I think he might be able to move ahead of Armia, but he'll have to show more than he has, especially in the defensive zone.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So far with the Jets, I don't think Dano has showed enough consistently to play ahead of Armia. I think he might be able to move ahead of Armia, but he'll have to show more than he has, especially in the defensive zone.

Armia's microstats are very promising. They suggest way more production than what we have seen to date. He is my prediction for breakout player next season.

With regards to Dano there is a spot open for him to take and I hope he does as I like his smarts, skill and grit. I also hope he eventually grabs the net from pp role from Lowry as he's strong enough to fight for space and has superior hand eye for tips.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia's microstats are very promising. They suggest way more production than what we have seen to date. He is my prediction for breakout player next season.
Yup, it's pretty safe to say that it's just a matter of time. His trend is steadily rising, unlike Dano's.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

With regards to Dano there is a spot open for him to take and I hope he does as I like his smarts, skill and grit. I also hope he eventually grabs the net from pp role from Lowry as he's strong enough to fight for space and has superior hand eye for tips.

If Armia gets some time with Connor I think his raw scoring numbers will increase. I wouldn't be suprised to see Joel breakout a bit this season.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If Armia gets some time with Connor I think his raw scoring numbers will increase. I wouldn't be suprised to see Joel breakout a bit this season.

Too bad Perreault sucks at centre. A Connor Perreault Armia line would be dandy. Throw Petan or roslo with wheeler and little and we be good.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Which micro stats?

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Which micro stats?

Prob Ryan Stimson's + Corey Sznajder's:

68w0jaH.png

Remember: these microstatistics more describe why they are performing as well as they are (or not), not do not have much predictability I believe.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Prob Ryan Stimson's + Corey Sznajder's:

68w0jaH.png

Remember: these microstatistics more describe why they are performing as well as they are (or not), not do not have much predictability I believe.

Aye. And nothing really stands out there. Odd that shot volume doesn't stand out more. That's his strength. Corey noted it too.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
So what is happening with Dano? He has been in the press box since October. Meanwhile the Jets have called up Lemieux for a short duration of games, and if they call up anyone, it would seem Roslovic would be a better fit.

It appears that Dano's days as a Winnipeg Jet are numbered.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So what is happening with Dano? He has been in the press box since October. Meanwhile the Jets have called up Lemieux for a short duration of games, and if they call up anyone, it would seem Roslovic would be a better fit.

It appears that Dano's days as a Winnipeg Jet are numbered.

Dano being kept around as a trade throw in. And as I posted earlier in this thread, Mo don't like Dano for whatever reason...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
At 850k, he can sit in the pressbox until it is needed for someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->