Player Discussion: Marko Dano

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Bump
I'm kind of surprised that he is still with the Jets.
Now that the Jets have qualified him, I don't expect that he'll sign for much more than 1M.
His career may be better served by playing in the KHL for a year or two & returning to the NHL.

I don't dislike him but he doesn't seem to have shown enough (PM no like)to get regular playing time and I don't think his skills mesh with a 4th line role.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
When your Chevy and you have a handful of player cards that you own... but why discard one and receive nothing back...

One less card in your hand is not how to manage your team...

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
The guy deserves a shot. His attitude about his whole tenor in Winnipeg is nothing short of professional and team first. Not saying he is a superstar and will change the dynamic of the team, but he fits the mold nicely and it would be really nice to see him have a successful season.

Reactions: rednivlab

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The guy deserves a shot. His attitude about his whole tenor in Winnipeg is nothing short of professional and team first. Not saying he is a superstar and will change the dynamic of the team, but he fits the mold nicely and it would be really nice to see him have a successful season.

He's a good example of a player that didn't take his career seriously and has finally figured out what it takes to have a chance to play in this league.
I like what he's done and he's in the running for a spot - but he hasn't always been.

Reactions: GNP

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Pulling for him to have a breakout season of sorts. Would be nice if he could score 15 and 35 points. A successful start could help his confidence to contribute up the lineup if/when injuries occur.

Would give Chevy another asset moving forward with whether that be as a roster player or in trade.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He can be deadly in the slot when his confidence is up and he gets on a roll. Other teams will be in trouble if he pans out. It’s like a free upgrade. Vesalainen’s contract pretty much dictates that he won’t start with the Jets. Appleton’s guaranteed for the Moose and Petan will be press box or in the lineup. Dano gets his shot this year.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He can be deadly in the slot when his confidence is up and he gets on a roll. Other teams will be in trouble if he pans out. It’s like a free upgrade. Vesalainen’s contract pretty much dictates that he won’t start with the Jets. Appleton’s guaranteed for the Moose and Petan will be press box or in the lineup. Dano gets his shot this year.

How does K-Ves' "contract" itself dictate this?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->