Gibbons, a smurf is under-performing;
Bourque, a smurf, hasnt excelled,
Nehring doesnt count,
tambo isn't ready
Adam cant stay in the lineup

to me the only one close was Jensen, he just got here,
while Hrivik and NYR have invested 4 years in each other

Hrivik's points weren't great, but he's 2d in points and first in assists
the team is low scoring, low totals for everyone on the team, at the top is an AHL lifer

he was playing top minutes, in all situations,
including at C and taking FO's
and usually playing at even strength with lesser or new players

his play this week, especially yesterday, already is more effective and promising than shown by Stoll, Etem, Glass, Megna or Paille
I'd rather he stick around a s depth forward

Fair enough, figured some other guys had been playing better than him but seems like everyone is playing like garbage down there.

But he's not even a B prospect. He's a depth forward. He's going to be 25.

Wow...I didn't realize he was that old already :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Fair enough, figured some other guys had been playing better than him but seems like everyone is playing like garbage down there.
Wow...I didn't realize he was that old already :laugh:

yeah Hrivik wasn't signed until after an overage year, so was 21 his first year pro, and will turn 25 in August

Hartford offense is incredibly poor:
Chad Nehring 54 16 17 33
Marek Hrivik 52 7 21 28
Jayson Megna 46 10 16 26
Ryan Bourque 54 10 14 24
Mathew Bodie 54 4 19 23
Brady Skjei 52 3 19 22
Adam Tambellini 54 13 8 21
Luke Adam 37 8 12 20
Brian Gibbons 43 6 14 20
Chris McCarthy 51 6 14 20
Travis Oleksuk 51 6 13 19
Ryan Graves 54 7 10 17
Nick Tarnasky 44 12 3 15
Raphael Diaz 23 4 7 11
Nicklas Jensen 19 8 2 10
Tyler Brown 45 1 8 9
Tommy Hughes 46 2 6 8
Tanner Glass 17 2 3 5
Chris Summers 52 0 5 5
Jack Combs 18 2 2 4
Calle Andersson 23 2 2 4

Last edited:

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Hrivik is such a better player than Paille it makes you wonder what took them so long to make the move? For this average Joe the eye test knew after two games who the better player and the better fit for the team was...Why even pick up Paille when they knew what they had in Hrivik? IMHO someone was sleeping on this one

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hrivik is such a better player than Paille it makes you wonder what took them so long to make the move? For this average Joe the eye test knew after two games who the better player and the better fit for the team was...Why even pick up Paille when they knew what they had in Hrivik? IMHO someone was sleeping on this one

Let's wait on that assessment until Hrivik is out of the adrenaline phase of being with an NHL team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Let's wait on that assessment until Hrivik is out of the adrenaline phase of being with an NHL team.

While I agree on withholding final judgment after 3 games, Hrivik's performance in the AHL this year compared to what I recall of Paille's performance in the AHL this year leads me to believe that at this point, Hrivik is a better overall player. Paille brought literally nothing to the table. It won't take much from Hrivik to be better. The fact that he can actually skate makes him an improvement right off the bat.

I've been a fan of Hrivik for some time though, so I might be a bit partial.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I'm not calling him a core player but anyone with any Hockey sense can surely see this guy is better than Paille so why bring in a re tread when you had this guy already in the system ? Hrivik has been with us what 4 years already why not promote from with in ? I know he's a fringe player but reward your own guys with a chance at the big time

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Someone was def sleeping on that Paille signing. For sure.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
While I agree on withholding final judgment after 3 games, Hrivik's performance in the AHL this year compared to what I recall of Paille's performance in the AHL this year leads me to believe that at this point, Hrivik is a better overall player. Paille brought literally nothing to the table. It won't take much from Hrivik to be better. The fact that he can actually skate makes him an improvement right off the bat.

I've been a fan of Hrivik for some time though, so I might be a bit partial.

Hrivik has the right game for the modern fourth line:

- Can play all 3 forward positions;
- Good at transporting the puck out of his own zone;
- Can skate and pass decently well;
- Good size.

The reason he can't play in the top-9 is that once he gets to the offensive end, he just looks lost there and doesn't know what to do now. I mean, he looks so good the first 80% of the ice and then, nothing...

What would make him a better 4th liner is if he were more physical or could fight, and while he's not a wimp, he also doesn't have that goon streak that helps a 4th liner. But that may not be necessary in the modern NHL.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Hrivik has the right game for the modern fourth line:

- Can play all 3 forward positions;
- Good at transporting the puck out of his own zone;
- Can skate and pass decently well;
- Good size.

The reason he can't play in the top-9 is that once he gets to the offensive end, he just looks lost there and doesn't know what to do now. I mean, he looks so good the first 80% of the ice and then, nothing...

What would make him a better 4th liner is if he were more physical or could fight, and while he's not a wimp, he also doesn't have that goon streak that helps a 4th liner. But that may not be necessary in the modern NHL.

I think as long as there is a willingness to stand up for your teammates I don't think anything else should matter. Too many good teams roll 4 lines

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
He definitely does not look out of place. I like him better than Megna and much better than Ryan on the fourth line. I'd run him in place of injured forwards as much as possible this year so he adjusts to the NHL and will be in good position to win a regular spot next season. The guy wasn't that far behind as Fast or Lindberg, but didn't improve as quickly. He won't be as good as them, but I'm more hopeful now that I've seen him in the NHL.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I thought he was OK as a 4th liner...good size and competes well....likely be traded as some say in the next 24 hours though .

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He's a good cheap contract, and he generates chances. If Dom Moore just shot the puck over Lehtonen, the 4th line would have had 3 goals in 4 games (same play as the Devils game).

He's doing his job and then some.

He's not an untouchable by any means, but he's a good versatile option going forward. Cheap reliable utility is not easy to come by, so he does have value.

mti79

May 11, 2007
he could be a very good 4th liner for us but if they want him in Hartford for the playoffs he has to go through waivers today. Would he pass through right now? I'm not sure... Do the Rangers envision him on the roster for the rest of the year/playoffs? I'm not sure. Going to be an interesting 24 hours for the young man.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
he could be a very good 4th liner for us but if they want him in Hartford for the playoffs he has to go through waivers today. Would he pass through right now? I'm not sure... Do the Rangers envision him on the roster for the rest of the year/playoffs? I'm not sure. Going to be an interesting 24 hours for the young man.

Since he was not waived today it pretty much guarantees that he will be part of a package being dealt within the next 26,25 hours. Smart asset management in that case

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
he's just such an upgrade over garbage like Paille and Stoll. He's not even impressive I'm just happy to have an actual hockey player there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad