Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Just got assigned to Hartford. The decision making in this organization is horrifying.

In order to qualify for the AHL playoffs this year he must be on the Hartford roster by 3PM tomorrow, considering the Rangers do not play until tomorrow night, it adds a small amount of cap space, to have him on the AHL roster until 3PM tomorrow.

Time will tell if he does in fact get recalled after 3PM tomorrow before the game. If he is not recalled for tomorrow's game, then yes I agree with you. Because he has played excellent on the fourth line and miles better than Glass has played.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
In order to qualify for the AHL playoffs this year he must be on the Hartford roster by 3PM tomorrow, considering the Rangers do not play until tomorrow night, it adds a small amount of cap space, to have him on the AHL roster until 3PM tomorrow.

Time will tell if he does in fact get recalled after 3PM tomorrow before the game. If he is not recalled for tomorrow's game, then yes I agree with you. Because he has played excellent on the fourth line and miles better than Glass has played.

good info! kid had made the 4th line look pretty decent and not a detriment to the team which is how its looked most of season, BUT i think even if he scored a hat trick in his last game vs dallas he still would have sat in favor of AV's boy Glass.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, Hrivik being sent down isn't a surprise. Gives us more cap room tomorrow, it qualifies him for being able to be in the AHL playoffs, and he can be sent down with being put through waivers.

I feel like he's going to be called back up, unless Gorton gets another depth player today/tomorrow for the deadline.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Is there some cap reason why we can't send Glass down? Hrivik's a better player, I don't even think thats a question.

The enduring mystery. Tanner Glass. Why is he here?

Perhaps some day someone will figure it out.

Till then, all we can do is scratch our heads.

Thanks Mr. Hrivik for the quality fourth line play, maybe some day you'll be back.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm pretty sure someone said it, but Hrivik was sent down in order to allow him to be eligible for the AHL playoffs this season. It gives us a tad more cap space, and we still can call him up later (as long as it's after 3pm) if AV wants to keep using him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Glass, like Herpes and Hep-C is Forever.

Funny enough, just saw on the news that they invented a cure for Hep-C, which has been approved by the FDA. Any day now, they will invent a cure for Tanner-G.

But seriously, I defended Glass for 2 seasons, but with the acquisition of Staal and having Mcilrath on the roster, Glass should have no role on the team. When you need someone who can fight, play Dylan. If you just want size, there's plenty of it to go around now with Eric, Marc, Hayes, Kreider, Nash, etc.

If we deal away Glass together with Stalberg, plus the open cap space, and replace one of them with Hrivik, we can afford to bring in someone making $3 for the rest of this season. That would be a very good third line player.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Funny enough, just saw on the news that they invented a cure for Hep-C, which has been approved by the FDA. Any day now, they will invent a cure for Tanner-G.

But seriously, I defended Glass for 2 seasons, but with the acquisition of Staal and having Mcilrath on the roster, Glass should have no role on the team. When you need someone who can fight, play Dylan. If you just want size, there's plenty of it to go around now with Eric, Marc, Hayes, Kreider, Nash, etc.

If we deal away Glass together with Stalberg, plus the open cap space, and replace one of them with Hrivik, we can afford to bring in someone making $3 for the rest of this season. That would be a very good third line player.

That would be an awesome addition...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hrivik could score 10 hat tricks tomorrow and Glass would still start opening night in FLA or PIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad