Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kid is gonna be a beast tomorrow and go all out. one could hope that tanner gets put on his line to neuter him I mean neutralize him.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Thought Hrivik was very good when he was last called up and am excited to see him get another shot, even if only for a game. With guys like Stalberg & Moore on expiring contracts...and Glass perpetually living on the event horizon, we need to keep a guy like Hrivik. He has shown signs that he could be a very good 4th liner for us (on a minimal contract!).

I was actually more excited by Hrivik's play than Megna's.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Thought Hrivik was very good when he was last called up and am excited to see him get another shot, even if only for a game. With guys like Stalberg & Moore on expiring contracts...and Glass perpetually living on the event horizon, we need to keep a guy like Hrivik. He has shown signs that he could be a very good 4th liner for us (on a minimal contract!).

Cheap, young 4th liner that can play C or W and can PK seems like a no-brainer to me.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Hrivik recall now at AHL site

i dont see it as a cup of tea, we saw this week how quick you can lose 2 guys, we have only one extra forward, we will need 2 before the playoffs complete unless we go out quick

i like Hrivik, then probably Jensen, more than Megna, Gibbons, Paille, Adam
doubt they would turn to Tambo, Fogs or Boo

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Yeah he fills a role and is versatile (has been playing center). Megna for all his speed and nifty shot doesn't fill a checking role and isn't enough of an offensive producer to make an impact.

I wonder if Marek get's two days pay being called up today since the season is coming to an end, it would be a nice gesture for the Rangers to give the lad what ever's left in the cap. He deserves it.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Because I would have liked to see someone like Tambellini get a game?

Tambellini isn't ready. There will be plenty of opportunities for him to get his cup of coffee (I don't drink tea) next year. Hrivik has paid his dues and is more deserving of the call up.

Hrivik has 12 points in 14 games since being sent back to Hartford. In that same time period, Tambellini has 3 points in 15 games. I think you send the wrong message if you call up Tambo over Hrivik.

Hrivik also needs a new contract. It won't hurt for management to get another up close look at him before they decide whether or not he is in their plans for next year.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I noticed his balance was an issue the few times he's been called up.

But I'm glad he's seeing some action, could see some playoff time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hrivik is RFA, right? The Rangers can extend him a QO, which would retain his NHL rights, but if I'm not mistaken he can refuse to sign it and then leave to play in Europe. That's a real option for him--he could have a nice career over there. I don't want to lose him. He should be a regular right now. We need to reward his play and convince him he has a future with this organization.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Hrivik is RFA, right? The Rangers can extend him a QO, which would retain his NHL rights, but if I'm not mistaken he can refuse to sign it and then leave to play in Europe. That's a real option for him--he could have a nice career over there. I don't want to lose him. He should be a regular right now. We need to reward his play and convince him he has a future with this organization.

I think he could stay in the NHL and get a contract. He has ties to the Yotes and Jackets, two teams he could actually crack the NHL lineup if he has a good camp.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Cheap, young 4th liner that can play C or W and can PK seems like a no-brainer to me.

How many guys have been sacrificed to accommodate Tanner? Tanner is a roster fixture for the remaining term on his contract.

My greatest nightmare is an extension in the offseason for this guy.

Being AV's body pillow shouldn't lock you into a roster spot in perpetuity.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think he could stay in the NHL and get a contract. He has ties to the Yotes and Jackets, two teams he could actually crack the NHL lineup if he has a good camp.

Right. I'm not worried about that as much since we can keep his NHL rights if we want. I just worry about him taking matters into his own hands and heading back home.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
How many guys have been sacrificed to accommodate Tanner? Tanner is a roster fixture for the remaining term on his contract.

My greatest nightmare is an extension in the offseason for this guy.

Being AV's body pillow shouldn't lock you into a roster spot in perpetuity.

He will be almost 34 when the first season of his new contract comes up. I doubt he gets a one-way deal from anyway. He'll get two-way one-year "let's see how it goes" contracts from teams that need physicality. With McIlrath hopefully a full-timer by then, it shouldn't be an issue for the Rangers.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Tambellini isn't ready. There will be plenty of opportunities for him to get his cup of coffee (I don't drink tea) next year. Hrivik has paid his dues and is more deserving of the call up.

Hrivik has 12 points in 14 games since being sent back to Hartford. In that same time period, Tambellini has 3 points in 15 games. I think you send the wrong message if you call up Tambo over Hrivik.

Hrivik also needs a new contract. It won't hurt for management to get another up close look at him before they decide whether or not he is in their plans for next year.

I know he's not NHL ready, but he's still ready for a small cup of tea (or coffee ;))

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't think he is. He hasn't even been particularly effective in the AHL.

Has more goals than Hrivik though. But i'm not really debating it, no he's definitely not NHL ready but for my own personal curiosity, I would have liked to see him get 8-9 minutes and see how he currently matches up against NHLers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad