Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looked alright. The strength doesn’t look like it will be an issue. Didn’t get the puck on his stick enough, but he looked impressive when he had it.
Yeah. Sure didn't dominate. I thought Marat looked better in his game, but i have no idea how to equate Torpedo and Slovakia as opponents. SKA certainly is a stronger team than the Austrians.
We need to be patient with Rossi.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I admit I didn't pay full attention to the game and just had it running on my 2nd monitor, but it sure looked like Rossi wasn't getting a ton of ice time, especially on PP.

Can anyone confirm? Seems weird, I don't imagine Austrian team is deep enough to warrant that

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Slovakia is and was the way better team. But Austria has fought brave even if you could see the talent gap between the teams. Slovakia should have scored 2-3 goals more. Too sad that a weak shot went through goalie kickerts legs, I would've loved to see this game in OT.

Rossi had a solid game. He's strong at face offs and he had some good shifts. He didn't look lost out there against men and if the team would be better overall, he could make more impact.

I'm excited to see Austria vs. Belarus or Poland. It should be close games with way more playtime on the offensive end for Austria. This should be good for Rossi.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Rossi takes a phantom hooking penalty. I've seen 4 replays and not really sure what the f*** the ref saw. Either way, Austria is lost this period. Team has completely f***ed the pooch in the 2nd.

Reactions: GuerinUp

P10p

May 15, 2012
Gotta say, Rossi hasn't looked exceptional at all this tournament thus far. Still lots of time and I know some Wild fans will get defensive over this but Sherngovich is looking much better for Belarus.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Gotta say, Rossi hasn't looked exceptional at all this tournament thus far. Still lots of time and I know some Wild fans will get defensive over this but Sherngovich is looking much better for Belarus.

Rossi is on a terrible team, its hard to look talented at all when youre the only one with skill

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Sharangovich was playing at a solid 45 point pace for Devils last season, makes sense he'd be dominant at this level.

Austria has been struggling with basic passes in the 2nd period, basically no sustained pressure at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Didn't see much, but Rossi sure didn't stick out to me. Hard to say whether he just needs a few games to knock the rust off, or if, as I suspect, he is not ready for the NHL, and will need games in the AHL. Not disappointed...the guy has been through a lot, and will need time.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Didn't see much, but Rossi sure didn't stick out to me. Hard to say whether he just needs a few games to knock the rust off, or if, as I suspect, he is not ready for the NHL, and will need games in the AHL. Not disappointed...the guy has been through a lot, and will need time.

He needed time last year before his injury as well.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Penalty goal from #36 today,but he sat out the last 20 to not get more injured than he already was,he felt "something" and decided to rest

He'll likely play again sunday..

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Must say Rossi didn't look like he can play 1C, but he says he's NHL ready. I guess training camp will tell us where he should play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad