Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Eishockey: Rossi lässt die Leiden hinter sich
Lenghty article in german about Rossi and Austria’s upcoming games. If you have an Austrian VPN you could watch the games on Saturday and Sunday for free (ORF TVTHEK). In any case, Rossi says he feels very good, maybe even better than before concerning conditioning. What he needs now though is game practice and as much of it as possible. A lot of positive things are said about Vanek as well. I am curious how he will look in an actually meaningful game. First in over a year (not counting unfit u20s).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eishockey: Rossi lässt die Leiden hinter sich
Lenghty article in german about Rossi and Austria’s upcoming games. If you have an Austrian VPN you could watch the games on Saturday and Sunday for free (ORF TVTHEK). In any case, Rossi says he feels very good, maybe even better than before concerning conditioning. What he needs now though is game practice and as much of it as possible. A lot of positive things are said about Vanek as well. I am curious how he will look in an actually meaningful game. First in over a year (not counting unfit u20s).

He did work with Zurich at the end of October, and played in a game against Davos on October 30th

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Still, it will feel like a new start for him after a really long lay-off. Even crazier if you think about the last time he was part of a real team and not just having a part time job which of course this stay with the national team will also be. Next months could be career defining in many ways.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not doubting you, but do you have a link to the box score? Can't find anything but the 7-5 result by googling it.
Saw a tweet that I’ll look for and link later. I’m gonna go back and watch the game as well at some point.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This box score says one assist, came in the first period, but they also didn't list any assists on five of the goals in the game, including four total in the third period, so who knows.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Without Komarek and Raffl, who has always been used as a center in the team, there is a new hierarchy in the center forward position. The youth take over. Benjamin Baumgartner (21), who was drafted by the New Jersey Devils at number 161 last year, and Marco Rossi (19), who has now signed a three-year contract with the Minnesota Wild, will lead two offensive lines. Behind the veteran Thomas Hundertpfund, Lukas Haudum (24) is currently the playmaker of the fourth line.
The NHL hopes

“Rossi and Baumgartner are two playful, young top talents who are also athletically excellent and fully accepted. I’m convinced Marco will be able to play NHL this season. Benni will end up there at some point.

Ice hockey: Austria is fine-tuning for Bratislava

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
They didn't actually count that? Right?

There has been no shot attempt and it's not exactly a rebound either. Just a poke check that didn't result in loss of possession.

It's definitely a grey area and I could see a call go either way in a real game, but I don't think it's a clear-cut no goal.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There has been no shot attempt and it's not exactly a rebound either. Just a poke check that didn't result in loss of possession.

It's definitely a grey area and I could see a call go either way in a real game, but I don't think it's a clear-cut no goal.
Rossi isn't allowed to touch the puck again after the goaltender does. There's no grey area, that's a clear cut no goal.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Rossi isn't allowed to touch the puck again after the goaltender does. There's no grey area, that's a clear cut no goal.

That's not how it's defined in the rule book, so it's left to the judgment of the referees.

It's probably enough of a niche situation for there to be no clear precedent either. I think it qualifies as a grey area, even if I would predict it to be called a no-goal.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I didn’t think it should’ve been a goal, and by the looks on Marco’s face it looks like he didnt think it would count either. It’s a very impressive move though and a tough one to pull off. He just did it a second too late. On another note, here’s Marco’s goal from today:

My biggest criticism of him has always been his shot. This is a nice shot no doubt, and I like that he’s moved to being more of a toe shooter than a heel shooter. I still think there’s work to be done in the release aspect as wel as the shot power and accuracy department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->