Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
As excited about Rossi as anyone I guess. But…

It will be interesting to see his father’s role on social media as his career progresses. Totally understand being proud of your son, especially coming out of his current situation, but there will undoubtedly be lows during his career and I’m curious how that will be handled.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

It will be interesting to see his father’s role on social media as his career progresses. Totally understand being proud of your son, especially coming out of his current situation, but there will undoubtedly be lows during his career and I’m curious how that will be handled.
At least it won't be anything like LaVar Ball. (well... I hope...)

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

Just seeing this. It hasn't gained as much traction but Matt Boldy's mom was always all over BC Twitter. Anytime I would comment or retweet she was liking it. I think until they are in the pros you see a lot of that kind of support and I can see why. My hockey players are 7 and 5 and we already spend a ton of time at the rink. Can't imagine the time they have spent together with all of those commutes.. I will never fault a father for being proud, until they cross a line haha.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve always thought Rossi’s skating was pretty good, but going into last year I thought it looked really good. The videos out lately make me think it still looks really good. He’s not a high-end blazer, but it tight areas he moves really well and he’s an agile little fart.

Reactions: TaLoN

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I’ve always thought Rossi’s skating was pretty good, but going into last year I thought it looked really good. The videos out lately make me think it still looks really good. He’s not a high-end blazer, but it tight areas he moves really well and he’s an agile little fart.
His skating reminds me of Kaprizov in the sense that the hockey smarts/body positioning and anticipation make up for lack of explosiveness.

Reactions: AKL

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
His skating reminds me of Kaprizov in the sense that the hockey smarts/body positioning and anticipation make up for lack of explosiveness.
Agreed. He has good edge work too. He is not a burner, but I think his low center of mass, positioning, and edges are going to make him slippery in the NHL.

As is playing with better players. He seems like he has a high hockey IQ as well. He does the little, fast plays in small areas.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

This is the conclusion I came to as well the last time I watched a bunch of Rossi video

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I feel like scouts, or whomever, equate skating to skating fast. Which isn't near true.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Count me in the camp that believes he has a ways to go in the skating department.

He’s certainly not going to separate from anyone at the NHL level. I also do not see short area quickness that you would like to see is guys that do not skate well at this level. What he does have going for him is balance and maintaining the puck through contact in the open ice and on the wall. Not to mention his apparent dedication to bettering himself. He will need that because I don’t think he’s ever a player that we see excel from a footwork standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad