Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That is most unfortunate. I think Walker deserves a shot at this moment too. I’m not super involved with the cap accumulation; I wonder how many days it will take to accumulate that extra difference between Walker. I’m assuming Khaira will be sent down until he is needed.

Stylistically, I think Foligno-Gaudreau-Hartman should work. I also like that Hartman isn’t taking draws because by golly he is the worst at them.

Walker could ride the "every other day paper waiver train" and the cap would be okay as long as he started the season in the AHL. It would require Khaira to be in the minors too. I just don't see Walker bumping Maroon out of the lineup. The GM did trade for him to fill the Reaves role. Not my call, but it's what I see the GM/HC doing.

My guess is the team isn't going to have the only 2 RHS FWDs on the same line. The RH/LH is why I see Freddy G-Rossi on the same line mainly so each can take FOs on their "strong side." It's why if Hartman stinks out of the gate again I think he and Freddy G switch 1C/3RW spots.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Walker could ride the "every other day paper waiver train" and the cap would be okay as long as he started the season in the AHL. It would require Khaira to be in the minors too. I just don't see Walker bumping Maroon out of the lineup. The GM did trade for him to fill the Reaves role. Not my call, but it's what I see the GM/HC doing.

My guess is the team isn't going to have the only 2 RHS FWDs on the same line. The RH/LH is why I see Freddy G-Rossi on the same line mainly so each can take FOs on their "strong side." It's why if Hartman stinks out of the gate again I think he and Freddy G switch 1C/3RW spots.
Every year we seem to be more and more injury prone late in the season. I’d like to see Walker get a fair shake of games in the second half at least. He can’t really be worse than anyone on the 4th line, can he?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Every year we seem to be more and more injury prone late in the season. I’d like to see Walker get a fair shake of games in the second half at least. He can’t really be worse than anyone on the 4th line, can he?

For me Walker is just another tweener. Going off of last year, what I saw with him is he has the speed to be a NHL player, but that's about it. He's really needs to add some mass and score goals, because he doesn't add much else.

I really need how he looks after the offseason before I can say he deserves a shot at the NHL or not.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad