Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The confined space really means nothing. Other Sports have contact too. If a whistle doesn't work, suspend them.
They have weapons in their hands?
No? Quelle surprise!

And if confined spaces don't mean anything I guess field and box lacrosse are exactly the same, eh?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They have weapons in their hands?
No? Quelle surprise!

And if confined spaces don't mean anything I guess field and box lacrosse are exactly the same, eh?
the players can go to the bench anytime they want. And who the hell cares if they have weapons in their hands? They aren't going around spearing and baseball swinging eachother between plays. So they are obviously able to control their emotions to the degree that they are told they have to.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Okay? He can live rent free in our heads all he wants so long as the Capitals keep winning. I'll even provide him turndown service.

I'm pretty sure the ultimate goal of hockey is to score more goals, not agitate. What good is Marchand agitating the Capitals and Caps fans if the Bruins keep getting dominated by Washington?
Hey I'm not saying agitating is more important than winning, it's just hilarious that he's so far into fans heads that we have 20 plus pages about a 2 minute penalty on another player because he was involved.

Maybe you guys should just enjoy the win

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hey I'm not saying agitating is more important than winning, it's just hilarious that he's so far into fans heads that we have 20 plus pages about a 2 minute penalty on another player because he was involved.

Maybe you guys should just enjoy the win
I guess you have to find something hilarious when your team has lost 14 consecutive games to your most recent opponent.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Lemme summarize this thread...

"Marchand did something"

I mean just look at this picture:

cut.jpg

Clearly he's trying to bite the nose off that poor puppy.

Pucks & Pups 2019 Calendar

Reactions: Ladyfan

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
This is one of the very few times he's been challenged and not responded (and for good reason, round one said it all). Carry on with the blind hatred.
round 1? He landed three punches before Ellers got his gloves off. He has not responded plenty of times but you can keep your fan boy glass nice and shiny to avoid reality. it's not a big deal.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
That's a romantic thought an all, but fights have rarely, if ever, settled anything.

Disagree. McCarty-Lemieux is a prime example and there have been plenty others. Marchand suckered Eller and should have given him the chance to fight him. And again, the “he got his team a PP” argument is weak considering it’s one game in January and Boston lost anyway

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Disagree. McCarty-Lemieux is a prime example and there have been plenty others. Marchand suckered Eller and should have given him the chance to fight him. And again, the “he got his team a PP” argument is weak considering it’s one game in January and Boston lost anyway

You're using hindsight to justify your opinion, which isn't the right way to look at this. At the time, it was a one goal game and the Bruins PP has been red hot, especially of late. If Eller had come after Marchand at the start of the game or when the game was pretty much out of hand ( after the OV empty netter ), I would have expected Marchand to answer the bell. Instead, Eller comes out of this looking like an idiot who doesn't know how to settle his business.

Reactions: Ladyfan

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
the players can go to the bench anytime they want. And who the hell cares if they have weapons in their hands? They aren't going around spearing and baseball swinging eachother between plays. So they are obviously able to control their emotions to the degree that they are told they have to.
You are right, they are not.
I wonder why, despite the ability of beefs being borne amongst men with lethal clubs in their hands, that we don't see guys going at each other with sticks.

Again, a mystery that is destined to remain unsolved.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You are right, they are not.
I wonder why, despite the ability of beefs being borne amongst men with lethal clubs in their hands, that we don't see guys going at each other with sticks.

Again, a mystery that is destined to remain unsolved.

I've seen way more incidents with stick swinging back in the eras when fighting was more prevalent than I have in this one where fighting is dying.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I've seen way more incidents with stick swinging back in the eras when fighting was more prevalent than I have in this one where fighting is dying.
Maybe because when guys swing sticks, someone punches them in the face?

When was the last stick fight you saw? Dino? Boom boom? Dr hook?

You take liberties, your don't get to hide behind your reticence to settle. Simple as that.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
You're using hindsight to justify your opinion, which isn't the right way to look at this. At the time, it was a one goal game and the Bruins PP has been red hot, especially of late. If Eller had come after Marchand at the start of the game or when the game was pretty much out of hand ( after the OV empty netter ), I would have expected Marchand to answer the bell. Instead, Eller comes out of this looking like an idiot who doesn't know how to settle his business.

Fair enough. Take away hindsight and it’s still just a 1-0 game in January. The Bruins’ season wasn’t riding on that one PP. That said, I agree with you that Eller should’ve challenged him earlier in the game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Maybe because when guys swing sticks, someone punches them in the face?

When was the last stick fight you saw? Dino? Boom boom? Dr hook?

You take liberties, your don't get to hide behind your reticence to settle. Simple as that.

Stick swinging is not as prevalent now in this era as it once was back when fighting and enforcing were more important to teams and the NHL culture. The threat of being punched didn't deter douchebag play.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Or you could not be a coward? Don't start **** if you can't handle ****.

But it’s 2019 you don’t have to fight when you don’t want to everyone deserves a safe place haha. Listen I agree he was a coward there, I was just merely pointing out when ur that small u gotta pick ur spots but Lars Eller is far from tough lol that shoulda been a spot to pick

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think this thread can serve as defining the line between an old school hockey fan and a new school hockey fan.

Marchand's gotta fight there

I'm a fight fan. The elite top line scorer never has to fight the 3rd line player. Eller had his chance when they squared up last time even with Marchand getting the jump. 5'9 Marchand, nearly any other player would at least ragdoll him. I expect even Krejci could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad