Marc Bergevin: Offseason Summertime Love Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Alright. So what’s the plan now, Marc?

He drafted a bunch of LD’s that won’t help our situation for a minimum of 3-4 seasons.

What’s the plan? Gardiner? A trade? Or are we just going into next season with a mountain of cap space again and a team that isn’t really any better. You’d think the draft is where the trade would have transpired.

Instead he’s making dumb trades to move down to gEt MoAr PiCkS.

He drafted Caufield, big deal, he fell into our lap. What the **** are we doing now?
He can't tell us, because the other GM's might be listening, to his plan...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Dude I have heard this exact thing for at least 5 years now. Starting to sound like a broken record. Next thing you'll say is that he can fix holes at training camp cauae teams will be scrambling (never happens) and then it'll be early in the season (never happens) and then the trade deadline and then it'll get pushed back to the 2020 draft.

It a literally the same story every freaking year.
I never said anything about fixing holes, so I don't know what you're disagreeing with. I'm stating a simple fact: Bergevin does have the summer to make moves. It was a response to a post saying he needs to get trades done today -- obviously he has the next three months to do... something. How is any of this a revelation?

Reactions: Habby4Life

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He can't tell us, because the other GM's might be listening, to his plan...

I mean I don’t expect him to come out and tell us every step :laugh:

I’m just expecting the expected: he sits on his hands all summer and walks into the new season with a mountain of cap space once again.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would probably overpay a little for Anders Lee. I like what he brings to the table.

Lee-Domi-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Tatar

Reactions: blarneylad

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I would probably overpay a little for Anders Lee. I like what he brings to the table.

Lee-Domi-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Tatar

I’d be ok with that. I’d also be ok with Dzingel.

I like Nyquist too, but he’s similar to a lot of players we already have.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, it's never dull. :laugh:
assuming you already scratched Winnipeg (Trouba), Washington (Niskanen) San Jose (Braun), Pittsburgh (Matata)

(and I typed this really fast making sure I don't have to edit my post!)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I can't wait for Bergevin to do jack **** and say some bs

As of today, we have only 2 Left D under contract for next year : Mete and Kulak
So something has to happen cause he just don't have anything else to start the season.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I never said anything about fixing holes, so I don't know what you're disagreeing with. I'm stating a simple fact: Bergevin does have the summer to make moves. It was a response to a post saying he needs to get trades done today -- obviously he has the next three months to do... something. How is any of this a revelation?

you stated the obvious... and in response so did Lshap...

Yes, MB has more time to make moves (unless time stops, this is always true of every GM).
Yes, several posters have annually ignored his lack of effective roster management by pointing out that he can address the issues he's failed to address at the next junction.

Both points are valid, neither particularly revelatory.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dzingel and Nyquist are good player and won't cost that much

Lee will be expensive

What makes you think they won't cost much?

As I see it, both are first time UFA's, the contracts handed out thus far to pending UFA's have been at the high end, or exceeded expectations, they are two of the top 5-7 remaining forward UFA options on the market, and several teams remain with need/cap space to make them significant offers...

I'd take either at less than a UFA premium (i.e not having to outbid all other suitors), and neither at the full UFA premium they will likely fetch.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If Armia and Lehks sign for a combined 5M and we sign a G to 1.5M a year, burying Weise, Alzner, and Peca, it leaves us around 8.6M to round up the lineup.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I can't wait for Bergevin to do jack **** and say some bs
What do you want him to do. That way it is out in the open in case he does do it you don’t go back on your word just to degrade him.

I can see a Corey Perry prove it deal. He has mitts, size and sniper. Could help pp plus add vet to the group. I would take a flyer.

I’d like improvement on the point. Left side though. Subban was had on the cheap but I think it is becoming clear that he is a lockeroom cancer. There were murmurs of it here, then to be bounced out of Nashville for so little? I love the player don’t get me wrong. I was devastated when he was traded.

But habs need a dman for the left side. And perry could come in and help the transition to Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad