Marc Bergevin: Offseason Summertime Love Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I know it’s extremely early but tonight has been a good night for Bergevin and his minions.

He could have screwed up his 1 round pick but I’m glad he decided to go with a high risk, high reward player.

Good start to the 19 summer...still a long way to go.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Maybe Bergevin is getting better with experience at doing his job? That's what I'm hoping for. Happy to be a Habs fan tonight.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Maybe Bergevin is getting better with experience at doing his job? That's what I'm hoping for. Happy to be a Habs fan tonight.
Took a lot of guts to trade Subban, Pacioretty and Galchenychuk. Bergs gambled his job and future in NHL circles as all were fan favorites. But all deals turned out well. All 3 are rumoured to be back on trade block. While Domi, Weber and Tatar are key parts to our team.

Reactions: jaffy27

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Bergevin can’t leave today without a LD in my opinion. Gardiner wants far away from Canadian media and there’s no other viable options.

He needs to use one of the 2nd rounders today and make a play on Ghost, Leddy or Brodie. Otherwise status quo on the left side and that’s a nightmare.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Bergevin can’t leave today without a LD in my opinion. Gardiner wants far away from Canadian media and there’s no other viable options.

He needs to use one of the 2nd rounders today and make a play on Ghost, Leddy or Brodie. Otherwise status quo on the left side and that’s a nightmare.
I'm curious to know, how would "making a play" for these players using a 2nd round pick look like, exactly?

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
2nd rounder, roster player, plus a prospect if necessary. Most teams won’t want to wait and receive draft picks that won’t be selected for a year when giving up a roster player.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Every team makes draft picks. That's all well and good.

But at the end of the day, he has to actually do something to improve the team. Specifically the D.
True. I guess him just not doing anything too boob like since the Dwight King saga is an okay look.

Maybe one day we will be proud of our purple panted GM.

Damn though, a shame that Leafs fans went in on Gardiner. If I'm him I come to the Habs just to spite their sorry asses. It'd be like the reverse Komisarek signing. Their fans **** on him constantly so he comes here and plays a sexily.

Reactions: JAPPO

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In his presser the night before the draft, he said that he extended invitations to a few pending free agents and he'll know Sunday or Monday is any of them will accept to come visit Montreal. The courting period officially begins tomorrow (June 23rd).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

He has the rest of the summer to strengthen the roster. In fact, it's to Bergevin's advantage to wait as teams start scrambling to comply with the cap.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
True. I guess him just not doing anything too boob like since the Dwight King saga is an okay look.

Maybe one day we will be proud of our purple panted GM.

Damn though, a shame that Leafs fans went in on Gardiner. If I'm him I come to the Habs just to spite their sorry asses. It'd be like the reverse Komisarek signing. Their fans **** on him constantly so he comes here and plays a sexily.
Hold onto your hats. There's a decent chance Subban winds up on TO. And if he does, he's going to be on a mission to kill us every time we play them.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Hold onto your hats. There's a decent chance Subban winds up on TO. And if he does, he's going to be on a mission to kill us every time we play them.
Part of me wants this to happen. Part of me would be seriously worried.

But it'd be great for the game of hockey to get Subban back in a big market and would bring meaning to the Habs Leafs rivalry.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Part of me wants this to happen. Part of me would be seriously worried.

But it'd be great for the game of hockey to get Subban back in a big market and would bring meaning to the Habs Leafs rivalry.
No need to worry about it now. :)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
All-in-all been a great week to be a Habs fan. Started with Carey Price at the NHL awards. Getting Caufield at the draft. Now we need a Domi type trade for a defenseman or UFA signing for one. Or maybe both?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
All-in-all been a great week to be a Habs fan. Started with Carey Price at the NHL awards. Getting Caufield at the draft. Now we need a Domi type trade for a defenseman or UFA signing for one. Or maybe both?
We need a top 6 forward badly

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Real happy with Caulfield....as for the rest of the draft goes, he disapointed me especially in the 2nd round.

Still there's work to be done to filled that hole on LD (cause that draft won't help)
I'll be judging him a lot about that shit he needs to fix.

In reality, so far Bergevin did absolutely nothing to help this team next year (still has time)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
the Habs drafted players...

aint that amazing!!

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Lots of time for things to change but if we see another year of Cap Space burning a hole it will be even more frustrating.

Free agency isnt kind to Mtl and a few teams are working their ways out of cap hell. Better be some plan to actually use it for more than an Armia type

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Alright. So what’s the plan now, Marc?

He drafted a bunch of LD’s that won’t help our situation for a minimum of 3-4 seasons.

What’s the plan? Gardiner? A trade? Or are we just going into next season with a mountain of cap space again and a team that isn’t really any better. You’d think the draft is where the trade would have transpired.

Instead he’s making dumb trades to move down to gEt MoAr PiCkS.

He drafted Caufield, big deal, he fell into our lap. What the f*** are we doing now?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He has the rest of the summer to strengthen the roster. In fact, it's to Bergevin's advantage to wait as teams start scrambling to comply with the cap.

Dude I have heard this exact thing for at least 5 years now. Starting to sound like a broken record. Next thing you'll say is that he can fix holes at training camp cauae teams will be scrambling (never happens) and then it'll be early in the season (never happens) and then the trade deadline and then it'll get pushed back to the 2020 draft.

It a literally the same story every freaking year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Why wasn't MB in on that Marleau trade? I can think of only three reasons.

1) He didn't want to tie up cap space on buying out Marleau because he has plans on definitely signing a big UFA
2) The Leafs didn't want to deal with the Habs
3) MB was out shopping for his purple jacket and green pants and was in the middle of changing when Dubas called.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad