Marc Bergevin: Offseason Summertime Love Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
MB really needs to spend the Cap space this off-season. There's plenty of options available: UFA's, RFA's, good players going cheap, dead cap weight coming with assets.

Pas d'excuses this year.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
MB really needs to spend the Cap space this off-season. There's plenty of options available: UFA's, RFA's, good players going cheap, dead cap weight coming with assets.

Pas d'excuses this year.

Honestly, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. The guy didn't even know Kevin Hayes had signed last Thursday. He probably had no idea of what the UFA market looked like back then. He likely played hardball in his negociations with other GMs for a LHD without knowing what the hell was going to be available on the UFA market. FFS. The guy didn't even know our team when he was hired. That's what happens when you hire a senile Serge Savard to hire the next GM of the Montreal Canadiens. Molson needs to get his hands off the decision making process when we FINALLY hire a new GM.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Question:

Is Marc Bergevin a good representation of the Montreal Canadiens culture?

Does he live up to the standards that we (should) have when it comes to such a historic team and legacy?
It's not even close....Youppi has more of an idea on how to do the job, than MB....

Did he actually admit he didn't know that Hayes did sign last week??

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It's not even close....Youppi has more of an idea on how to do the job, than MB....

Did he actually admit he didn't know that Hayes did sign last week??

I remember when he first came in. He admitted knowing f*** all about our prospects or our players...

Next time we're looking for a GM, I hope it's not down to Serge Savard and Geoff Molson's decision.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Pas d'excuses this year.

Well for crying out loud we should be able to take in a bad contract with no more than 2 years left without any problem.

Ideally we pick up the top pair LHD we need, but failing that , trading Cap space at least for a really good draft pick or two should be obtainable.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin already knows if Duchene will sign with us or not after they have already talked pre-July. Someone from the media should interview him and see what his attitude is like these days.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Question:

Does he live up to the standards that we (should) have when it comes to such a historic team and legacy?
Yes because the Habs are a regressive organisation in this day and age.

Obviously not, but in Montreal the lunatics run the asylum.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Totally agree. Price was dirt cheap and Miller can play both sides.

GMGM looks like he can be exploited. MB needs to get on that action.

JT Miller?

It's funny because the talk around here in Vancouver is that they overpaid.

Edit: I see this is about colin Miller.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Question:

Obviously yes. He speaks French.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Free Agency is upon us, and this is the time of the year where fans talk about who they think the team should sign/trade.

Here is what I would do.

Sign Duchene 8.5 M for 5 years
Sign Keith Kinkaid as a backup
Trade Paul Byron and Alexander Romanov to Philadelphia for Shayne Ghostisbehere

Tomas Tatar - Matt Duchene - Jonathan Drouin
Max Domi - Philip Danault - Brandon Gallagher
Artturi Lekhonen - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Nicolas Deslauriers - Ryan Poehling - Andrew Shaw

Shayne Ghostisbehere - Shea Weber
Victor Mete - Jeff Petry
Brett Kulak - Xavier Ouellet/Mike Reilly

Carey Price
Keith Kinkaid

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Question:

**upon meeting Duchene for the first time**

MB *shaking hands with MD*, "Bienvenue a Montréal, Mathieu!"

MD "wuuu.."

MB's PA whispers "yé pas francais, Marc"

MB "pas frança, crisse, y sappelle Du Chêne!"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And Kessel's off the board...

Remember, we can't make trades and even if we could, star players never move.

BrilliantFittingBobcat-max-1mb.gif

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
As usual will do nothing. Probably get some fringe NHLer... and a backup goalie... That's all he can do but to get a big name ya right.... Every team is the East is improving except us..

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You know Kessel had a NTC, right? I'll try to find the tweet/article, but they said Kessel's list was basically 7 teams that the Pens couldn't/wouldn't trade him to, plus Arizona.

If we could’ve got Kessel in a trade for Chucky, we should’ve. Galchenyuk’s value is at an all time low right now even compared to last season. They took a huge gamble on Domi, and atleast for one year, it worked. We’ll see moving forward.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If we could’ve got Kessel in a trade for Chucky, we should’ve. Galchenyuk’s value is at an all time low right now even compared to last season. They took a huge gamble on Domi, and atleast for one year, it worked. We’ll see moving forward.

At the time of the Domi-Galchenyuk I would've agreed that Kessel would've been way better, but with hindsight obviously Domi is better for us.

Also, I don't think Pittsburgh was shopping Kessel last summer. They were only a year removed from back-to-back cups with Kessel being a huge part of it. It was just this year's sweep that made them want to shake things up.

Reactions: nhlfan9191
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad