Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign Calle Rosen to Two-Year Contract Extension

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Good to see he'll be sticking around with the Leaf organization. Nice move retaining defensive depth at the very least.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I thought for that price, Rosen would have not signed and tried his luck as UFA. But maybe he doesn't feel he good enough to be a NHLer and that 750,000 in the AHL looks really good. There is spot next year at LHD. Leafs are hoping he NHL good to take that spot.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Surprised he took that money and that term after being here a couple years now. Kudos to him for continuing to chase the dream; he could have gone the Aaltonen route.

Possibly. This might be a better opportunity though. Rosen has received NHL time, even if it has been limited to just about a handful of games. I suppose a bottom pair D would see more ice time than a fourth liner as well.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I have a feeling the Rosen - Liljegren pairing may be our bottom pairing next season.
I hope so, love Rosen’s game. Should be on the Leafs now. If Lily is ready next year, that should make not only a cheap 3 rd pairing but also a very good one..Pretty happy about this extention!

Reactions: BigBlu

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Call this guy up and trade Gardiner, it'd be addition by subtraction imo. I know it's a hot-take but I've seen enough of Gardiner play shit defence to make it and we don't need his offense all that much either, plus Dermott could probaby replace a chunk of it if he's playing higher up the lineup based on recent play.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Really like this signing
Rosen is pretty good defensively just by his iq. Having elite speed also helps.

Top 6 floor 750k is a bargain.
Has he been getting good PP minutes for the marlies? His point totals also seem pretty awesome

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
he should be in the 3rd pairing next season, he is playing great on the marlies, let see what Dubus does during the offseason.

I think Sandin has that third LD spot.

Rielly
Dermott Zaitsev
Sandin Ozhignaov
Rosen Liljegren/Holl/Hainsey

We need to figure out Borgman and our top RD by next draft.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Here's the thing, he may never be as offensive as Gardiner, but if he's even a little smarter the Leafs can probably make up the difference in offense, by the kids becoming men.

However, he is 2nd. leading scorer on the Marlies, so it isn't like he is without offensive abilities.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Here's the thing, he may never be as offensive as Gardiner, but if he's even a little smarter the Leafs can probably make up the difference in offense, by the kids becoming men.

However, he is 2nd. leading scorer on the Marlies, so it isn't like he is without offensive abilities.

Seems like a prototypical NHL defenseman in this league

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

he's not even close to as good as Gardiner

Reactions: stickty111

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
he's not even close to as good as Gardiner

Why do the Leafs need Jake Gardiner? He does offense well, do we need his offense with this line-up? Give me like four Ian Cole type dmen that can defend reliably and move the puck competently and two offensive Rielly type dmen and we're good to go.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why do the Leafs need Jake Gardiner? He does offense well, do we need his offense with this line-up? Give me like four Ian Cole type dmen that can defend reliably and move the puck competently and two offensive Rielly type dmen and we're good to go.
Gardiner is a good defenseman, and the Leafs need good defenseman. his ability to move the puck out of the defensive end is pretty valuable

Reactions: stickty111

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Gardiner is a good defenseman, and the Leafs need good defenseman. his ability to move the puck out of the defensive end is pretty valuable

Everyone knows what Gardiner is. You don't have to try and sell him.

He can move the puck, as long as someone gets him the puck, Leafs need defender who can get the puck away from the opposition, and restrict the free movement in their own zone. That isn't Gardiner.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
There was no need to sign him this fast in opinion unless there is a trade happening and we need to call a guy up. Though we didn't need to sign him to call him up...I feel like a deal is in works

Players sign contracts at different times during the year all the time. This signing indicates NOTHING other then the team and the player both wanted to continue their relationship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad