Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

This is getting a lot of traction in Italy.

This is me if Pep actually signs with Juventus

giphy.gif

Now we need this to happen and Mourinho to return to Inter.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This is getting a lot of traction in Italy.

This is me if Pep actually signs with Juventus

giphy.gif

Now we need this to happen and Mourinho to return to Inter.

Not gonna get along with cr7 and Mandzukic if this happens

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
WBA sack Darren Moore after they fell to 9 points out of automatic promotion after a 1:1 draw at home to bottom of the table Ipswich (winless in 3). Seems to be mixed opinions about it, popular with the fans but the club expect swift promotion back to the PL

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

When you manage the biggest bottlejob of the decade and get a contract extension at higher salary.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
WBA sack Darren Moore after they fell to 9 points out of automatic promotion after a 1:1 draw at home to bottom of the table Ipswich (winless in 3). Seems to be mixed opinions about it, popular with the fans but the club expect swift promotion back to the PL

Jokanović maybe

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

When you manage the biggest bottlejob of the decade and get a contract extension at higher salary.

I mean Tuchel wasn't the one who gifted United 2 goals to let them back into the tie. Though I'll admit it is weird timing to hand him the extension.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean Tuchel wasn't the one who gifted United 2 goals to let them back into the tie. Though I'll admit it is weird timing to hand him the extension.
He blew a tie where Utd were playing reserves and kids with 2-0 away goal lead and more talented/favored team. He is the manager, he should get his fair share of blame.

I don't think he is a bad coach (above average tbh), but yes, it is a very strange timing for this.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He blew a tie where Utd were playing reserves and kids with 2-0 away goal lead and more talented/favored team. He is the manager, he should get his fair share of blame.

I don't think he is a bad coach (above average tbh), but yes, it is a very strange timing for this.

What's he supposed to do as the manager to change the fact that his young defender gifted a goal on a poor backpass and his veteran goalkeeper gifted a goal by dropping an easy ball to catch? We don't even need to mention the questionable penalty. His players made very costly individual errors.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What's he supposed to do as the manager to change the fact that his young defender gifted a goal on a poor backpass and his veteran goalkeeper gifted a goal by dropping an easy ball to catch? We don't even need to mention the questionable penalty. His players made very costly individual errors.
Few, but when he loses they are bad results. Remember that he was also knocked out of a 1 team domestic cup race.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tuchel has few things to do with the defeat. His team outplayed United, big time. But they gifted two goals and the ref gifted the other.
Same thing with the Guingamp in the Cup. Guingamp came three times in the opposing half, got 3 penalties out of it. Scored 2.

Reactions: Gecklund

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The timing is VERY much important.

Why's that? I agree with the overall thought process as Tuchel is great, but why not wait a few weeks? Just seems like silly timing from a PR standpoint.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
On the contrary. They want to show him the confidence that he's the boss. That they liked hat he did, regardless of the elimination. That he should not be the culprit of a miracle of some kind.

Also, as I said, players love him. Him staying will be a huge argument to keep them. Mbappe has already came out and said he'll be here next season. Good. That's not a coincidence. They want to act strong and look strong and Tuchel represents that for now. Having chaos and uncertainty at the coaching spot will cause a lot of trouble.
With him signing, they show the mean business and that they will do everything to keep their chore and add to it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know he’s earned the job, but I do think waiting makes some sense. If United have a slide between here and the summer, it would have been way too soon. There’s no rush. You can easily say to him, hey we like you, you’re doing great, wait till the summer, and make the choice then. If you hire him and he falls off a cliff, it will be a disaster.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So Zidane back as a manager in Madrid? OGS in a CL spot and Pochettino leading Spurs to EL glory 2019-20. Ah how things change.

Pochettino suddenly more likely to get sacked than getting a "bigger" job.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think it's going to go much better for him without Ronaldo and considering the current state of the team. They need an overhaul.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don't think it's going to go much better for him without Ronaldo and considering the current state of the team. They need an overhaul.

It sounds like he left because they didn't buy into the overhaul he said they needed. Maybe now they realize it and that is part of the conditions of his return? Kinda what it sounds like. But yeah I agree in a sense that he's not going to be able to save this team as it stands now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If ZZ can fix so that Modric won't be isolated one on one defending in the right back position he has at least done something right.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It sounds like he left because they didn't buy into the overhaul he said they needed. Maybe now they realize it and that is part of the conditions of his return? Kinda what it sounds like. But yeah I agree in a sense that he's not going to be able to save this team as it stands now.
Ah didn't know the full backstory on it. If they follow through they have a good base of young talent there and can turn it around relatively quickly next season...I'd think. Though as long as Messi is around they'll always be 2nd favourite to Barcelona (unless they buy Neymar AND Mbappé).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad