Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean he's right, but you usually don't say that part out loud. They're shafting him with spending cause of the stadium.

Seeing a lot of reports that United are leaning towards giving OGS the job. I gotta admit - I thought it was a dumb token "he's one of us" moves when they gave it to him. I was wrong though. I would wait till the season ends to do anything though. But honestly, getting Pochettino would be real difficult I think.. And there isn't a lot of names out there that excite me.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I mean he's right, but you usually don't say that part out loud. They're shafting him with spending cause of the stadium.

Seeing a lot of reports that United are leaning towards giving OGS the job. I gotta admit - I thought it was a dumb token "he's one of us" moves when they gave it to him. I was wrong though. I would wait till the season ends to do anything though. But honestly, getting Pochettino would be real difficult I think.. And there isn't a lot of names out there that excite me.

He's done a great job but it's still early excitement. We've seen temporary effects that later has crashed many times in situations like this previously. For their best I hope they put in a lot of work to get their hands on a world class manager this summer, they got the funds for it cost whatever it wants. Otherwise I think they will keep falling short of City and Liverpool who already got that down no matter how much they spend.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Love it! Go ruin another offensive star's career. Hell they both might leave this summer at this point LOL.

@Juve why is he stepping down? Can't read Italian sadly.

Reactions: Juve

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Love it! Go ruin another offensive star's career. Hell they both might leave this summer at this point LOL.

@Juve why is he stepping down? Can't read Italian sadly.

Haha. He would not know an offensive system if it hit him in the head.

It pretty much says he had a meeting with 3 of the directors and the owner after the Madrid game. He feels he's being made the scapegoat.

He actually shut his all his social media accounts a few days after the Madrid game because fans were calling for his head.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Selfishly, I wish Pep would go, but I doubt it seriously
Actually Serie A is one of the last choices if he wants to pick up the easy league winner and richest league team.
I'm sure he could win a few titles with Juve to solidify his legend. :sarcasm:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
When I grew up Spurs were dominated by teams like Aston Villa and Newcastle. Now people are "complaining" that they are not investing enough to really challenge for the PL or CL title. Pochettino is absolutely correct - Spurs are now in a position for "people"/fans to expect more, but the club has reached that point by investing heavily off the pitch.

I don't know for how long the stadium will hold back funds for transfers, but as soon as Spurs move in they have upgraded the stadium and training facilities recently. They will then not have any more short term need for huge spending on infrastructure - meaning more funds will go to transfers and salaries.

Whatever happens in Manchester I don't think Pochettino would have gone there anyway. I love how Pochettino is now "special" while OGS is the guy that got sacked from Cardiff (as if Espanyol never happened). Utd would be pretty stupid not seeing how far OGS can take things. The idea that Pochettino suddenly is the only one is absurd - and that they risk losing out on "the" manager that could fix things once and for all.

I'm 95% certain Pochettino will still be at Spurs next season. 3-4% Madrid and 1% somewhere else (including Utd). Things change so I'm not ruling anything out, but it will surprise me if Pochettino leaves.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To me indeed, Real will pick either Mou (I still have zero idea why) or Poch. And both will run.

If they sign Mou, they could have trouble signing some players however (Pogba for instance).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh DD wins. He always does. But if you expect him to unleash offensive armada.... Don't.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good to know.

If RM pay 200m for Pochettino and Eriksen I think Spurs will be fine.

Pochettino knows that if he takes over RM he will most likely get sacked within a couple of years. Is it worth it? Not sure.

And "we" all believe RM just pick their managers, but as argued before they have rarely bought managers. And I think they are done with Argentinians for awhile :D

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Oh DD wins. He always does. But if you expect him to unleash offensive armada.... Don't.

That I know.

There are also rumours they might bring Conte back. I say please NO! I like Conte as a person and a coach, he can definitely get the most out of players but his record Europe is horrible. I am fed up of seeing defensive coaches. What was the point of getting Ronaldo when you plan on parking the bus after going 1 up?

Reactions: koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
There aren’t enough arrows to illustrate how much winning > attractive football. I’ll worry about other teams entertaining me. I enjoy if my team entertains fans around the work, but winning comes far before that.

Even Carlos Alberto Pereira in 1994 had to convince the Brazilian people that his “F&$@ joga bonito” mentality would net better and more satisfactory results.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
There aren’t enough arrows to illustrate how much winning > attractive football. I’ll worry about other teams entertaining me. I enjoy if my team entertains fans around the work, but winning comes far before that.

Even Carlos Alberto Pereira in 1994 had to convince the Brazilian people that his “F&$@ joga bonito” mentality would net better and more satisfactory results.

For obvious reasons, if my team won a trophy playing ugly, rubbish, boring football, I wouldn't care the least (for starters because in the mid-90s and early 00s they won lots of kind words from fans of other clubs for entertaining whilst not winning anything that after a while felt incredibly patronising).

But if my club had a stupefying amount of money, and had previously won loads, and had an outlandish budget, and they were playing ugly, rubbish, boring football, I'd propose the manager be fired into the sun. Because we know teams can play football and win big. Just as - and this cannot be emphasised enough - teams that play utterly abysmal football don't win all the time.

We're told grotesque financial inequality is fine in European football because 'everyone wants to watch the big clubs'. But if all the 'big clubs' want to do is play like Bolton Wanderers circa 2004, why do they need a budget of eleventy trillion euros to do it?

In any scenario where millionaires and billionaires encourage fans to pay more money and in return accept less variety and quality, fans ought to pelt them with rotten fruit, or worse. And when negative coaches who say, 'Results are everything' lose, we should point and laugh, and tell them, 'By your own definition you are nothing. So f*** off, and don't come back until you're more worthy of the world's time and interest than drying paint.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad