Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Pochettino has that PSG link too.
There are rumors Leonardo isn't a Tuchel fan. If PSG crashes soon (regardless of context, injuries and all), Leonardo could make a play for either Poch or Conte. Maybe even Allegri.

Sigh.
I’m not a Tuchel fan either and I think those three are better managers. Although I think there may be a stylistical clash with hiring one of those Italian managers for their core players.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
If this is about money that’s twice in the past 3 years managers have spent 80m on Lukaku and then cried poor.
He's complaining to the media. He says management isn't showing ambition. Zhang says he's serious about winning. Zhang pumped in a lot of money this year. He got whatever Conte asked for like Lukaku, wanting to get rid of Icardi, etc...

Conte does seem like an ass but tbh it's not surprising. He probably is pushing for them to get reinforcements. He knows he cant win with this group. Sure they made progress this year but they need to continue to open up the wallet.

Rome wasn't built in one night. They made a huge improvement this season. He's just doing what he does best....whining and making excuses.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's complaining to the media. He says management isn't showing ambition. Zhang says he's serious about winning. Zhang pumped in a lot of money this year. He got whatever Conte asked for like Lukaku, wanting to get rid of Icardi, etc...

Rome wasn't built in one night. They made a huge improvement this season. He's just doing what he does best....whining and making excuses.

I think Inter wanted Icardi gone just as much. While I agree they have improved but it could be the case of Inter not supporting Conte. There's much work to be done and we don't know the full picture. Is all im saying.

And PSG thanks Conte for Icardi. A world class finisher for that cheap...

I highly doubt Inter are losing any sleep. THey're probably thanking PSG for the cash too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Your lack of objectivity is laughable.
A world class finished for 50M€ is a huge bargain. And Inter undersold quite clearly.
Never said they didn’t under sale. PSG got a bargain no doubt but like I said Inter aren’t losing any sleep over it. They are a better team now without him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They're not a better team because he left though.
They made the right moves. Got in a good coach, replaced their star player with Lukaku and another striker. It's not as simple as getting rid of Icardi and some how being better but what they did with the money and the new set up is what made them improve. His departure facilitate that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm a touch late, but I think in some ways Inter were happy to move on. While he's a great player, and they certainly sold a bit cheap, he's just as likely to have some controversy for PSG at some point. Maybe because he's not the biggest personality in the room, and much of the attention is on two or three other players, it helps him do better, but it worked out decently for both sides I would think .

Juve

May 13, 2011

I would have given him one more chance to see what he could with the new players coming because half of the current ones are overrated garbage.

Apparently, Pochettino has been contacted.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They should be after Blanc. Poch is good as well.

maybe a Conte reunion if things go completely sour with Inter?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
They're not a better team because he left though.

Yes we are. He was straight up trash as a player, as a teammate, as a human. Great finisher, never did ANYTHING else in the field. If he has a solid team around he can be deadly, Inter hasn't been that in a decade. As for anything else he was a cancer in and out of the field. Love any euro we got for that puppet in the hands of Wanda.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah terrible player and clearly he couldn't do it with Inter given the poor quality of the team around him.
It's not as if he won player of the year, sole non Juventus player to win it in ages.
Wait....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So did Sarri become the best manager in history due to one season and now is become one of the worst managers in history due to another?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Juve have apparently narrowed it down to a few names :
- Pochettino
- Inzaghi
- Paulo Sousa (Bordeaux)
- Pirlo

Juve

May 13, 2011
Running gag again on french Twitter. :laugh:
Everytime a coach is fired on a major team, Blanc is top trend on french Twitter :laugh:

Out of curiosity, why is Blanc a running gag when a spot opens up?

I don't want to see Mr whiny with the fake hair, park the bus Conte ever again. It has nothing do with him joining Inter. I was never a fan of his tactic from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad