Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Out of curiosity, why is Blanc a running gag when a spot opens up?

I don't want to see Mr whiny with the fake hair, park the bus Conte ever again. It has nothing do with him joining Inter. I was never a fan of his tactic from the get-go.
Because he's always considered but never chosen.

Reactions: Juve

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Oh boy. That’s gonna be interesting.

especially in a place that’s taken the league for granted completely. His bar is to come in, win the league obviously, then win a CL

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Jesus Christ, I've been proven wrong before, but this truly does seem a terrible choice.

Every other "club legend" appointee I can think of had at least some experience beforehand... Lampard coached Derby, Zidane coached Castilla, Guardiola coached Barca B, Simone Inzaghi spent 6 years with the Lazio youth. This is some wild stuff.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Because he's always considered but never chosen.

Ahhhhhh....always the bridesmaid never the bride.

It looks like Pirlo is now the new coach. I think it's a mistake because he should be coaching the u23 and not the main team. He has never coached before and he was hired for the u23 team. I love Pirlo the player, an absolute but as a coach he's a mystery box. It's a huge gamble for a team that's supposed to compete for CL.

This is a horrible choice.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Yeah terrible player and clearly he couldn't do it with Inter given the poor quality of the team around him.
It's not as if he won player of the year, sole non Juventus player to win it in ages.
Wait....

He decided to not dress up for games when he (Wanda) decided so. The brass, the manager, the teammates asked him to help more the team on the field (he was the captain but yes, contract money were ALSO the issue, but not the sole reason) and that was the answer, faking an injury. All he did was stationing upfront waiting for the ball, nothing else. If the team struggled a bit, he was capable of touching the ball two or three times for the entire game. Deadly in front of the goalkeeper, useless for everything else. He is SHIT, Wanda completely sucked out his brain from that dickhead... Literally. Lukaku is three times the player Icardi was, love that we dumped that spineless POS, at a good price too.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
No Pirlo
No Title (party)

Juventus to win everything under the sun next year just because. Yes, that’s right. Just because. 2020.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Juventus to win everything under the sun next year just because. Yes, that’s right. Just because. 2020.

Look on the bright side - maybe this is just the start of a series of Caligula-style coaching appointments to help us laugh along with certain clubs being pretty much too big to fail.

I look forward to seeing Pirlo succeeded by a life-sized cutout of Colonel Mustard, which will in turn be replaced by a pot-plant, followed by the passenger seat from a Toyota Celica.

Or maybe with the TV deal about to expire Juve are trying to lose the title in the hope a new champion increases the amount broadcasters will stump up, a twist that would be vaguely reminiscent of the Eurovision Song Contest episode of Father Ted.

Reactions: Elliman

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Both Setien and Abidal apparently sacked. Fine with that, but not sure who they bring in now. Pochettino, Pimienta and I think Gallardo were rumored to the top candidates. No to Pochettino and Pimienta lacks experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad