Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not sure I like it, but Valencia wants to sign Blanc. I hoped for a higher profile club.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure I like it, but Valencia wants to sign Blanc. I hoped for a higher profile club.

He has been out for a while. Could be a nice opportunity. I don't think Valencia can get much worse and maybe he gets some investment into the side.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zidane has 3 and a half seasons as a coach.
He won 3 CLs and 2 Ligas (I don't see Real coming back against City, but technically, it could be 4 CLs).

As a comparison, Guardiola won in his first 4 seasons 2 CLs and 3 Ligas.

No current (or in history?) coach can compete in his 3/4 first seasons, but of course, those two started with some CL contenders. Same can not be said of most coaches.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Zidane has 3 and a half seasons as a coach.
He won 3 CLs and 2 Ligas (I don't see Real coming back against City, but technically, it could be 4 CLs).

As a comparison, Guardiola won in his first 4 seasons 2 CLs and 3 Ligas.

No current (or in history?) coach can compete in his 3/4 first seasons, but of course, those two started with some CL contenders. Same can not be said of most coaches.
But he is just a man manager I was told.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I think he's a man manager more than a tactician.
That said, he did surprise me with his defensive approach since the reboot and Real has looked very good defensively.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah I think he's a man manager more than a tactician.
That said, he did surprise me with his defensive approach since the reboot and Real has looked very good defensively.
I always felt you don’t need total football tactics on a team with Ronaldo. He’ll score his 50 goals that’ll win you a trophy at the end of the day most likely. I never really faulted Zidane for that early in his tenure.

Zidane should certainly get credit for Madrid’s defensive turnaround with basically the same players + Mendy from last season. Coutois, Ramos, Carvajal all looked cooked.

Dude wanted Hamez and Bale gone for years and they both contributed with 3 goals this year total. He’s never had full authority on transfer market either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad