Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Both Setien and Abidal apparently sacked. Fine with that, but not sure who they bring in now. Pochettino, Pimienta and I think Gallardo were rumored to the top candidates. No to Pochettino and Pimienta lacks experience.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I can understand why not. He’s gonna run the heck out of people. But maybe if they hadn’t been dire, they could get more of a say? Sure, gotta keep Messi happy but beyond that, the rest really can kick rocks.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don't blame Xavi for turning down the job. It wasn't the right time months ago and it still isn't the right time. I think he should wait until Messi and anyone else he played with at the club, bar maybe Sergi, are gone.

I'm not heavyweight, I'm big-boned!

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Suarez can f*** off.

I can understand why not. He’s gonna run the heck out of people. But maybe if they hadn’t been dire, they could get more of a say? Sure, gotta keep Messi happy but beyond that, the rest really can kick rocks.

If this is true and I highly doubt it is, then it's about his remarks years ago... which I doubt is true.

I don't blame Xavi for turning down the job. It wasn't the right time months ago and it still isn't the right time. I think he should wait until Messi and anyone else he played with at the club, bar maybe Sergi, are gone.

I'm not heavyweight, I'm big-boned!

Xavi should wait and while he's waiting I would suggest he finds a real league to coach in.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't want him at all. Similar to that fake Henry rumour. Luckily Koeman has euros and only a jackass would leave right before the tournament. He said it multiple times he won't leave until that's over. Damn some good came out of Coronavirus. I really don't think he's good and he will probably get exposed in Euros effectively ruining his chances. My hope/ money is still on Poch.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Im not gonna go full Pep bashing cause it gets out of control on here with the “he’s a fraud” shit but his City tenure has fell short IMO. And I guarantee you the City board/mgmt had higher goals when they put this in motion years ago. If you told them when he arrived that after 4 seasons they’d have 2 league titles and nothing in Europe they’d call you crazy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Im not gonna go full Pep bashing cause it gets out of control on here with the “he’s a fraud” shit but his City tenure has fell short IMO. And I guarantee you the City board/mgmt had higher goals when they put this in motion years ago. If you told them when he arrived that after 4 seasons they’d have 2 league titles and nothing in Europe they’d call you crazy.
They literally said they hired him to win them a Champions League. I don't think it's a secret that he hasn't met their expectations there, even with his domestic success.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Barca should go for Blanc. He makes his team play like Barca's great years anyway.
It's sad they would even consider Henry, who's a failure so far.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't much stock into the players balking at Pochettino. I still balk at him though.

If we can't get a Nagelsmann or maybe Ten Haag and all things considered I'd take a punt on Blanc. They just need to make it happen fast as the season starts in less than a month.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Koeman appointment sets Barcelona back to the pre-Ronaldinho days. Koeman has only been successful when he has immaculate infrastructure. Not getting that at Barca right now.

that being said I think Xavi especially would be insane to take that job right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad