Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Even with these oil prices Saudi-Arabia will probably survive a couple of more years? I guess no more trips to Qatar for Pochettino then?

Not that I am against it. I still like Pochettino and would love to see how he does managing another club in England (even if he himself dreams of coming back to Spurs - both could happen of course).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Franck Passi is leaving his coaching duties at Niort (Ligue 2). Doesn't matter much to his website, except that Niort released a statement that explaiend his departure because he follows Laurent Blanc (as an assistant coach) on a "very ambitious" coaching job about to be signed.
So that means Laurent Blanc is about to sign with a new team since his assistant coach is relieved of his job. Now, the "very ambitious" part is subject to interpretation since what is very ambitious for Niort isn't necessarily THAT ambitious in terms of global football. But it's ambitious enough that Passi leaves a Ligue 2 manager job in order to earn more as an assistant.
Which big team has a coaching vacancy? Newcastle? Who else?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Franck Passi is leaving his coaching duties at Niort (Ligue 2). Doesn't matter much to his website, except that Niort released a statement that explaiend his departure because he follows Laurent Blanc (as an assistant coach) on a "very ambitious" coaching job about to be signed.
So that means Laurent Blanc is about to sign with a new team since his assistant coach is relieved of his job. Now, the "very ambitious" part is subject to interpretation since what is very ambitious for Niort isn't necessarily THAT ambitious in terms of global football. But it's ambitious enough that Passi leaves a Ligue 2 manager job in order to earn more as an assistant.
Which big team has a coaching vacancy? Newcastle? Who else?
Newcastle would make sense if there’s a big emphasis on ambitious.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice is another possibility. Tons of money and willingness to spend with the new owner. Vieira has been hot and cold with his results and more importantly with the show put by the team.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I suggested that Jonathan Woodgate might turn out a decent manager. Silly me.

He's been fired by Middlesbrough, who have turned to non other than Neil Warnock. 71 years old, and on his fourteenth different club.

To think that it seemed we were rid of him after he spent the whole 2013-14 season without his phone ringing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sporting director news. The best sporting director in football adds a year onto his contract. So crucial for Dortmund. There were rumors he wanted a promotion or could leave.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So big rumor that Pep is about to leave City for Barca as soon as this summer.
After spending like crazy and putting City out of the CL for the next few years, giving Barca one less opponent in Europe.

If it happens, WOW.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
After spending like crazy and putting City out of the CL for the next few years, giving Barca one less opponent in Europe.

If it happens, WOW.
Lol

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

If it happens, WOW.
you do realize the sanctions are caused by issues before pep arrived, 2012-16 IIRC

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

If it happens, WOW.

Just addressing the rumor, I would think it's highly doubtful. The board is still somewhat of an extension of the board he didn't like when he left. I would think next Summer would be far more likely pending election results.

@Duchene2MacKinnon Start giving the jist in English or find a different source.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad