Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Lots of noise right now about how Chelsea are considering nabbing Zidane away from Utd if they decide to do a reactionary sack of Sarri

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Lots of noise right now about how Chelsea are considering nabbing Zidane away from Utd if they decide to do a reactionary sack of Sarri

They are so trigger happy to fire managers. Have they thought that maybe the players are the problem? It seems like they have way too many passengers and hardly any leaders.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They are so trigger happy to fire managers. Have they thought that maybe the players are the problem? It seems like they have way too many passengers and hardly any leaders.

Personally I find it doubtful they really would fire him already and I think their rep for being sack-happy is what's fueling people actually putting much stock in this current rumour. Certainly it's as clear to me as it is to you that there is an issue with the players and general culture there, but it suits me to have Chelsea be a mess so I'm not trying to wrap my head around how to solve it :)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
BR is a very strange and at times awkward man (the office style), but I think he could do very well with that Leicester team. If he can get them going a bit more attacking wise they should be fighting for that 7th spot with Wolves and Everton come 19/20.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Feels like a kick in the teeth leaving in the middle of the season to be honest. Respect his achievements here but I'm not impressed with that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Feels like a kick in the teeth leaving in the middle of the season to be honest. Respect his achievements here but I'm not impressed with that.

You’ll win the league regardless.

BR isn’t big enough to pick a bigger job so when a decent opportunity comes along he has to take it. I’m pretty sure Celtic always expected this to happen.

A bit sad of course that Leicester is considered bigger than Celtic, but that is how it goes these days.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
The scenes if Brendan Rodgers helps Liverpool win the league with a result at the Etihad on matchday 37. Or if City wins the league that day :laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I also am a bit confused on the rush for Rodgers. I guess he doesn’t think that job is available for him if he says only in the summer. It is a pretty good job for a manager who likes to attack, as long as they don’t get picked apart in the summer. They have some good young players he can build around to where I wouldn’t be shocked to see them in and around 6-7 before long.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Rodgers was 7 for 7 domestically in trophies and likely for the league this year and still in the Scottish cup. Could have left in the summer with 3 domestic trebles but leaves a despised figure at his allegedly boyhood club

Reactions: ScottishCanuck

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Very glad I don't need to listen to or hear this sanctimonious shiny-faced walloper anymore

Good riddance

Reactions: ecemleafs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
BR is a very strange and at times awkward man (the office style), but I think he could do very well with that Leicester team. If he can get them going a bit more attacking wise they should be fighting for that 7th spot with Wolves and Everton come 19/20.
It's also a great situation because of the relatively low expectations but they actually have a really strong young group of talent coming up. He could do very well for himself there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Poor hypocrite Brendan Rodgers.
Remember when he blamed Moussa Dembele's attitude for wanting to leave Celtic for Lyon? He said Dembele had short memory towards a club he owed.

Moussa Dembele is having a great time on his Twitter right now :D

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Gunes is the new Turkey manager, he of course guided them to a 3rd place finish at the 2002 World Cup. As a result, Besiktas is looking for new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad