Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Jose was at the Arsenal game in the box with Raul Sanllehi.

A lot of smoke, why else would you waste a Thursday?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Nathan Jones has been sacked by Stoke having delivered eight points from 14 games.

Preston's Alex Neil will be announced as the next manager according to various media sources - including the Daily Mail, which broke the story of Jones' dismissal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jose was at the Arsenal game in the box with Raul Sanllehi.

A lot of smoke, why else would you waste a Thursday?
I've been a fan of Kroenke owned sports teams' my whole life, I have never ever seen them fire a manager in mid-season. Like ever, I am pretty sure it has happened that I am probably forgetting, but you need to be Mourinho level incompetent to get fired from Kroenke. They tend to fire them after seasons are over, so if I were you I wouldn't expect any drastic changes except if we find ourselves in a relegation battle.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
More rumours of Gallardo linked with Barca. Apparently Abidal has 3 options Gallardo, ten Hag and Koeman. Other than Koeman both would be fantastic choices. The issue is none of them would be available right now. Maybe, you can convince Gallardo after the Copa in December but there's no way you can get him now. There's ZERO chance you will get ten Hag before the summer ditto with Koeman. So, barca fans must sit tight and burn a year sadly.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Per Falk Ragnick would be interested in joining United if OGS is sacked. I think that would be the best acquisition the club has made since RvP if we pulled that off.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Thanks for getting my hopes up by posting in this thread.

Anytime! I am a pessimist, you can't be let down if your hopes are never high.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Michael O'Neill is the new Stoke manager however he will remain Northern Ireland manager for their next two qualifiers next week and the likely Euro 2020 playoffs in March (should NIR not finish in the top 2).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I am actually looking forward to see what Mourinho can do in his next job.

To me he has changed his demeanor quite significantly lately. He seems happier. In his Chelsea-prime 15 years ago he was more Zlatan-arrogant and not grumpy-arrogant as he did become. Even with all the controversy around him it was always a bit tongue in cheek for me. If he can become that guy again I am sure he will be able to manage at the highest level once again - and be successful.

Will he fall back to old habits as soon as he gets a job as a manager again? Obviously easier to be happy on TV talking about things which you don't have any responsibility for - than being under pressure as a manager. I don't know - which is why I'm looking forward to see what happens.

I remember AVB. Never have I seen a manager have such mood swings. At Porto he spoke with calm confidence and seemed rather charismatic. Then quite quickly at Chelsea he became a grumpy old man. AVB gets hired by Spurs and he is all smiles. Every single interview he is positive and happy - even when asked quite tough questions. 1 year later and he is the old grumpy man from Chelsea again.

So I would say the most likely scenario is that Mourinho becomes a moaning old man again, but I am not 100% certain. If a team can hire a happy Mourinho.......

And this is not me trying to convince myself Mourinho will be a good replacement for Pochettino :D Even if at this stage I'll take anything..... hopefully not Mourinho though - I think Spurs can do better.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Thierry Henry announced as the new manager for Montreal Impact today.

Edit: Didn't see that people were already discussing this in the MLS thread. Think he probably could have gotten a more attractive manager job, but it'll be interesting to see.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Genk to appoint Hannes Wolf as their new manager

Did well with Dortmund youth teams, but got sacked by Stuttgart 2 seasons ago, and HSV last season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad