Managerial merry go round part II

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Aston Villa sack Steve Bruce after a rough start to the season, they most recently blew a two goal lead at home to Preston (3 wins from 11 in the league)

It also bears mentioning that during what proved to be Bruce's final game in charge a fan threw a cabbage at him.

The throw was off-target.

Although I presume the cabbage was brought into the stadium with the express aim of being used as a missile that point hasn't been confirmed or denied. Which lends the whole matter an air of enigma.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lopategui and Kovac on the hot seat.
3 French names have been given to take over Bayern : Zidane, Blanc and... Wenger.

Reactions: maclean

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It also bears mentioning that during what proved to be Bruce's final game in charge a fan threw a cabbage at him.

The throw was off-target.

Although I presume the cabbage was brought into the stadium with the express aim of being used as a missile that point hasn't been confirmed or denied. Which lends the whole matter an air of enigma.
Funny you mention this: the Islanders just released their promotional schedule and the 2/28 game vs Toronto is Rotten Produce Night.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
WTF?????

Wild rumor has Jardim bring fired and Henry being hired by Monaco. :amazed:
Lots of teams will be interested in Jardim. Bayern?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yep , sure seems that way:

I mean.... I said this guy should be on United's short list a month or two ago... can the stars align any better?

Dump Mourinho and bring him in.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean.... I said this guy should be on United's short list a month or two ago... can the stars align any better?

Yeah I’d take Jardim in a heartbeat. The stars could be aligning here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thierry Henry will be announced as the new manager of AS Monaco says reports. What a stupid decision by Monaco, you sell a small legion of players who turned out to be all the best on your team and think you would be okay after that? Lol.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thierry Henry will be announced as the new manager of AS Monaco says reports. What a stupid decision by Monaco, you sell a small legion of players who turned out to be all the best on your team and think you would be okay after that? Lol.
They did before and Jardim made it work. Not this time. Still, the roster is talented and the team is clearly underachieving.
Jardim is surely partly at fault, but the player should play much better than they are. Subasic, Jemerson, Glik, were all part of the great Monaco team. Right now, they're weaknesses.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They did before and Jardim made it work. Not this time. Still, the roster is talented and the team is clearly underachieving.
Jardim is surely partly at fault, but the player should play much better than they are. Subasic, Jemerson, Glik, were all part of the great Monaco team. Right now, they're weaknesses.
I've seen majority of Monaco's game and the problem I see is there is no unity between the three areas of the pitch.

- The midfield is awful.
- There is nobody who can link the defencive line with the midfield.
- The defencive line is played below their ability, but Glik and Subasic are still solid players for me on the individual level.
- There is nobody who can link the midfield with the three forwards.
- Monaco's entire system rest on giving the ball to the wingers, running down the flank, and conducting crosses to Falcao (Jardim deserves some blame here).

I saw the same situation play with Soton in the EPL. They built a solid group of players, but it's very hard to reinvest that money again and again hoping for the same results of players. There is only one Mbappe, there are very few Lemar, and there are a handful of Fabinho type of players coming every couple years or so. There are some solid players and underrated talent on Monaco, but the team is as good as 5th place for me...very behind OM and Lyon who are clearly better teams easily. Then I really like what Bordeaux and St-Etienne are also building with a lot of talented youth.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Igor Biscan (of Liverpool fame I guess :D) is the new manager of Rijeka after Matjaz Kek resigned. Biscan has had moderate success at smaller jobs such as Rudes and Olimpija Ljubljana, winning three trophies at those two clubs but this is a step up

Kind of hard to believe he is a manager, he always seemed miserable, but then again look at Mourinho ;)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Costa Rica hire Uruguayan manager Gustavo Matosas are their new manager. He is a well traveled coach managing previously in: Uruguay, Peru, Mexico, Argentina and Saudi Arabia, with his biggest success in Mexico with Leon and America (CONCACAF CL). This is his first international job

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
So Monaco consistently sell their best players every transfer window, yet Jardim is still expected to win all the time? Makes zero sense.

We don't know exactly what happened.

And they're not exactly just "not winning", they've got 1 win in 9 in Ligue 1 and are sitting in the relegation zone.

Who knows, maybe the board feel his heart isn't in it anyone, noone could blame him.

Either way, a top manager just hit the market, wonder who'll be first to ring his phone...
I don't think either Madrid or Bayern will make a move before another couple of games, but if they continue to struggle, those teams don't suffer "patience" and sub-par results... And Jardim just makes the prospect more appealing.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

No, LOL. With the United supporters backing Mourinho the way they have, and in my experience it's not just on this forum, they deserve some special time with him for a while longer.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
No, LOL. With the United supporters backing Mourinho the way they have, and in my experience it's not just on this forum, they deserve some special time with him for a while longer.

I said it when the "news" broke last weekend before the match that he was going to be fired depending on the game that it was 100% Mourinho leaking that. There's zero doubt in my mind.

He's like a goddamn politician.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad