Managerial merry go round part II

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well see how OGS does I guess. Was pretty horrible at cardiff, but could be a different story with more talent at his disposal.

The expectations for a caretaker coming into this tire fire are also pretty low.

Basically all he has to do is keep them ahead of Everton/Leicester/West Ham/whoever is in 7th. I don't think anyone realistically expects him to make a run in the CL or make a challenge for the top 4. They're 11 points back with 21 games to play. Realistically they'd have to earn something like 2.4 points a game the rest of the way (~90 point season pace) which just isn't remotely reasonable.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well see how OGS does I guess. Was pretty horrible at cardiff, but could be a different story with more talent at his disposal.
This is a pretty much lost season already. Get in Europa and get the players enjoying life again. This is going to sound awful but I kind of wish we dropped to Europa so we had a chance at CL next year.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The expectations for a caretaker coming into this tire fire are also pretty low.

Basically all he has to do is keep them ahead of Everton/Leicester/West Ham/whoever is in 7th. I don't think anyone realistically expects him to make a run in the CL or make a challenge for the top 4. They're 11 points back with 21 games to play. Realistically they'd have to earn something like 2.4 points a game the rest of the way (~90 point season pace) which just isn't remotely reasonable.

No, I’m not expecting him to get any results such as get top 4 or anything. I’m just curious how well gets the team to play and see how much he can improve the team/develop some of the younger guys.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think they'll see an immediate bounceback on results and style of play. The players will respond to the contrast, and not having that pants-shitting, whiny clown managing them.

How long it lasts, or what happens when tougher fixtures arrive, I don't know.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think they'll see an immediate bounceback on results and style of play. The players will respond to the contrast, and not having that pants-****ting, whiny clown managing them.

How long it lasts, or what happens when tougher fixtures arrive, I don't know.

I know OGS likes players to “express themselves” as he’s said in previous interviews. So I think there should be a positive style of play hopefully and should be good players like Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez etc.

As long as they start actually trying to play and attack I’ll be happy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Kudos to Neville for squashing any hopes of him joining United with honesty. "I'm not qualified." "Maybe 10-15 years from now, but until then, they need the best person available."

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
USMNT? Man, the World hates us more than I thought. Trump would approve though.

That’s why I thought of it. Trump and Jose is a match made in heaven, and the ups at the USMNT don’t seem like the sharpest tools in the shed

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Everyone on the NBC Soccer prematch says Poch is leaving for ManU.

Looking at the schedule, I think ManU is going to go on a string of victories and keep OGS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad