Managerial merry go round part II

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I think so too. Unless Conte is the replacement, I don't think we can do better.

Yeah, at the beginning of the season I thought you guys should take a look at Conte , but Gattuso has grown on me, man. I thought he was just another short-term boost manager that you see all the time in football. But, you guys play some of the best stuff in Italy (which I didn't expect from Rino) , and it's pretty much a collection of young or new players.

You play with balls too, which I like.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah, at the beginning of the season I thought you guys should take a look at Conte , but Gattuso has grown on me, man. I thought he was just another short-term boost manager that you see all the time in football. But, you guys play some of the best stuff in Italy (which I didn't expect from Rino) , and it's pretty much a collection of young or new players.

You play with balls too, which I like.
The team finally has an identity under Rino. It would be a shame to get rid of him for someone as mediocre as Donadoni.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I still suggest that Conte is a good manager, but he seems like a terrible fit in how that team is built. I don't rate Blanc, but he should be their target looking at Real's strength and weaknesses. They put themselves in a pretty terrible situation though since all the top managers won't be moving until the season is done. Picture having someone like Nagelsmann available at the season's end, but can't grab him because you hired somebody else instead.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Sven-Goran Eriksson is surprisingly the new manager of the Philippines national team, however it appears to be only a short term deal where he just manages at the Asian Cup in January. The only connection is the technical director of their NT worked with Eriksson when he was with Leicester

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Fenerbahce finally sack Cocu after a 3:1 home loss to Ankaragucu and the crowd completely turned against the team "Mexican fans at Azteca" style (watched the game on BeIN). Fener are barely above the relegation zone

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Jokanovic sacked, Rainieri back in Premier League.
Feel sorry for Jokanovic. Kind of wish there was a rule that promoted managers cannot be sacked until they play at least 50% of the season.

Totally get why Fulham are doing this though, they spent a bunch this summer and the team are playing like none of the players have ever met each other.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The good thing about a Ranieri hire is either he'll do wonders with your team or you'll be rid of him within six months again

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Martin O'Neill leaves the Republic of Ireland on a mutual agreement after their relegation from League B of the Nations League. Probably the best for both parties, Ireland was getting very stale under him but I felt too much was expected as well

Mick McCarthy is the early favorite amongst the bookies, some other candidates include: Stephen Kenny (Dundalk), Chris Hughton (Brighton; long shot), Neil Lennon (would they hire somebody from NIR?), Sam Allardyce

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Martin O'Neill leaves the Republic of Ireland on a mutual agreement after their relegation from League B of the Nations League. Probably the best for both parties, Ireland was getting very stale under him but I felt too much was expected as well

Mick McCarthy is the early favorite amongst the bookies, some other candidates include: Stephen Kenny (Dundalk), Chris Hughton (Brighton; long shot), Neil Lennon (would they hire somebody from NIR?), Sam Allardyce

Martin O’Neill was from NI as well. Played for their national team in his days. Both he and Lennon played Gaelic sports growing up so they’d be fine. Ha.

They’re in need of more than a manager. A whole overhaul is needed. It’s gotten dire for producing talent. Not that they were elite at it or anything but it’s gone downhill fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad