Managerial merry go round part II

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Henry officially named new manager of Bordeaux

Looks like talks ended up breaking down and he's not to be the new manager after all. Something about insufficient guarantees from the consortium GACP that's taking over a majority stake at the end of September

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
How is Jose still Man U's manager after that match (Spurs) and presser, if anyone can explain.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Because Manchester United dominated Spurs despite losing and just dominated Burnley. No one gives a **** about pressers except the media.
Some nice humor there, we all know ManU did not dominate that mach, of course people give a crap about pressers.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some nice humor there, we all know ManU did not dominate that mach, of course people give a crap about pressers.
Did you watch the match or are you just another person that loves to overreact to United? Because it definitely is looking like the second one. Also even if they didn’t dominate, it’s 4 games into the season. No one will let a manager go 4 games in.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Did you watch the match or are you just another person that loves to overreact to United? Because it definitely is looking like the second one. Also even if they didn’t dominate, it’s 4 games into the season. No one will let a manager go 4 games in.

Frank de Boer says hi.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
And? I don’t see your point here. Every team has missed chances.
Point being that Man U did not dominate the second half....Lukaku missed and Spurs had their way in the 2nd half. Certainly not a game of full domination.

I am not calling for Jose's head. The quick firing of managers around the world is ridiculous. No other sport does this.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Point being that Man U did not dominate the second half....Lukaku missed and Spurs had their way in the 2nd half. Certainly not a game of full domination.

I am not calling for Jose's head. The quick firing of managers around the world is ridiculous. No other sport does this.

Likely because they have less games to get results.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The NFL have less games and you almost never see in season sackings.

I think that is due to the immense amount of detail that goes in creating and prepping a playbook and both the O and D scheme. Its a lot to replace and realistically the less games mean there is not time to really come back from a start that is coach firing worthy.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think that is due to the immense amount of detail that goes in creating and prepping a playbook and both the O and D scheme. Its a lot to replace and realistically the less games mean there is not time to really come back from a start that is coach firing worthy.

There is truth to this.

So is everyone good with firing managers at will in World football?

So much instability...how can players really commit? Manager can bring you in and be gone in 4 games.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
There's not all that many managers that are sacked that quickly. People have been calling for Jose to go for a while due to his antics and playstyle, so its not like this is some sudden overreaction.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
There is truth to this.

So is everyone good with firing managers at will in World football?

So much instability...how can players really commit? Manager can bring you in and be gone in 4 games.

There is instability in football in general. My local club, not having much money, goes through managers fairly quickly, but it goes through players even more so. Not having money means lots of players are just on loan, plus the players you bring in either don't work out so you don't want to extend them, or if they work out really well than a wealthier team snatches them up. So even if a manager manages to get some decent results and stick around, they ended up having to overhaul the squad and in some ways start again every year. For bigger teams the problem isn't as extreme, but it is very much the same. Look at a team like Monaco, that assembled an amazing squad, then had it picked apart. You are in a constant state of flux with successful players moving on while always trying to bring in new talent yourself, incorporate the youth, ship off the expired... The manager is just another aspect of that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There is instability in football in general. My local club, not having much money, goes through managers fairly quickly, but it goes through players even more so. Not having money means lots of players are just on loan, plus the players you bring in either don't work out so you don't want to extend them, or if they work out really well than a wealthier team snatches them up. So even if a manager manages to get some decent results and stick around, they ended up having to overhaul the squad and in some ways start again every year. For bigger teams the problem isn't as extreme, but it is very much the same. Look at a team like Monaco, that assembled an amazing squad, then had it picked apart. You are in a constant state of flux with successful players moving on while always trying to bring in new talent yourself, incorporate the youth, ship off the expired... The manager is just another aspect of that.
Yes , there are many clubs outside the big teams in Europe that have a lot of turnover. Monaco would be a fine example although they seem to like Jardim's work so there is stability there.

I guess I look at West Ham - calls for Pellegrini's head. They just spent 100 million ...there needs to be a chance to get comfortable and then get results. The pressure gets piled on quick though....

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Czech Rep sack Karel Jarolim, they lost both of their September fixtures the last being a 5:1 hammering to Russia

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Cardoso already out at Nantes, replaced by Vahid Halilhodzic who returns to France as a manager for the first time since 2005

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Aston Villa sack Steve Bruce after a rough start to the season, they most recently blew a two goal lead at home to Preston (3 wins from 11 in the league)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad