Management Thread | Is a Reckoning coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

absolutely amazeballs if true, but i believe this is a pr stunt until i see it.

i can see francesco allegedly steps back, benning is fired and they pretend to have restructured.

i can even see aquaman neutered for a while.

but i don't see that aquaman is truly gone so long as the family owns the team. he will just be biding until things settles down.

then again, i would never have believed the aqualinis would leak the idea of restructuring at the ownership level. it's absolutely amazing this is even a story.

Reactions: timw33 and MS

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Matt Sekeres primarily but other media have also suggested that the winds have changed over the last week.

sekeres seems to have an axe to grind. dhaliwal less so.

one thing that occurs to me is that perhaps petey and hughes are making it known they are very unhappy and hinting that their continued presence here depends on changes. they will have figured out who is running the show by now.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
The news that Frankie Blueberries might be getting fired by his dad and brother is the most jawdroppingly brilliant thing I could have ever imagined.
Yeah, agreed. That's probably the most positive thing I've heard regarding the Canucks management in a while.

Reactions: vanuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
sekeres seems to have an axe to grind. dhaliwal less so.

one thing that occurs to me is that perhaps petey and hughes are making it known they are very unhappy and hinting that their continued presence here depends on changes. they will have figured out who is running the show by now.

Horvat also threw shade on management recently.

Don’t know if Hughes would given his family connection to Weisbrod.

Reactions: Peen

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve heard that about the from office but nothing about a change in ownership representation.
Yeah, I can't really find a tweet that represents that either. Seems to only be about the front office. Maybe he said it on the radio? I'm not sure. Only passing 2nd-hand knowledge, sorry.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’ve heard that about the from office but nothing about a change in ownership representation.

I can find people re-tweeting a quote to the extent that Luigi will be handing the reins to Roberto because FA is too closely tied to Benning but not where the quote is from. Sekeres’ radio spot?

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Watch it end up something like this. :laugh:

President: Mike Gillis
GM: Kevin Weekes
HC: Lane Lambert

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sat Shah mentioned that it should be clear whats going to happen essentially as soon as the season is over on Wednesday.
If we are getting new management, why in the heck was Benning allowed to extend Pearson to that God Awful contract?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Davidson Gorton for the love of god.

An easier, more obvious, more convenient, bigger upgrade couldn't fall into your lap if you owned an actual leprechaun.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If we are getting new management, why in the heck was Benning allowed to extend Pearson to that God Awful contract?

Ownership is extremely reactionary to public perception and the grumbling from fans as the team increasingly bottomed out and no visible leadership from management has made retaining them untenable. Same reason Oilers let Chirelli extended Koskinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad