Management Thread | Is a Reckoning coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The fact that Gillis was perceived as ‘arrogant’ is one of the weirdest things ever to me. He was the exact opposite aside from not suffering some of the fools in the media here. Benning, by contrast is one of the most arrogant people I’ve ever seen.

I think he didnt enjoy the media spotlight, but I think that is another area you could see some growth

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I got an infraction for using the word "butt" (calling Aquilini and Benning "Butt buddies"). That's not a slur - butt is short for buttocks which is a medical term. This place is a joke sometimes.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gillis and gilman return with luongo somehow would be amazing honestly

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Dave Nonis is a ‘proverbial giant’? Hahahaha.
you know when i say proverbial it is meant to not be taken literally. English 101.

the point is that the pieces were in place and Gillis, to his credit, made a few decent to good moves to enhance the team. but he also made a flurry of awful moves to bring on the biggest meltdown ever.he bad.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
The fact that Gillis was perceived as ‘arrogant’ is one of the weirdest things ever to me. He was the exact opposite aside from not suffering some of the fools in the media here. Benning, by contrast is one of the most arrogant people I’ve ever seen.

I think its very easy to come across as arrogant if you mix it up with media personalities and make them look dumb...I enjoyed his banter with the radio guys but I can see how some people would perceive it as arrogance...he made it seem beneath him to answer their questions and did it with attitude, but to me it was mostly just schtick, it made for interesting radio.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Please let this house cleaning be true! It is such and uplifting and exciting thought!

The next few years look totally different with bad contracts coming off the books and a competent mind in charge

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Gillis as POHO, Courtnall as VP (pretty face and what they should’ve hired Linden as last time), Gilman GM, Eric Crawford AGM.

I would be excited by that. I would buy my first piece of merchandise in 7 years. I would attend games I had to pay for.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
you know when i say proverbial it is meant to not be taken literally. English 101.

the point is that the pieces were in place and Gillis, to his credit, made a few decent to good moves to enhance the team. but he also made a flurry of awful moves to bring on the biggest meltdown ever.he bad.

Once upon a moonbeam I was an English major. I know what proverbial means.

Dave Nonis is not any kind of giant. He was a shit GM and Gillis took over a mediocre team and turned it into something great.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I got an infraction for using the word "butt" (calling Aquilini and Benning "Butt buddies"). That's not a slur - butt is short for buttocks which is a medical term. This place is a joke sometimes.

At least in any way I've heard it used, it is a slur.

Reactions: Javaman

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Once upon a moonbeam I was an English major. I know what proverbial means.

Dave Nonis is not any kind of giant. He was a shit GM and Gillis took over a mediocre team and turned it into something great.

The knock against Gillis is always that he took over a team that already had some great pieces in place and ran with it. (and scouting but that's another point.) This team has some great pieces in place... why not let Mike come in and run with it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad