Management Thread | Is a Reckoning coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Very interesting point by Sekeres just now that it's not just Linden that hasn't been replaced; Jeff Stipec hasn't either. The latter is definitely the bigger loss for the organization.

Roberto Aquilini taking over from Francesco would also be a good move.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Many were asking in the last thread for a poll ranking Bennings seven years on a scale of 1-10, could that be added OP?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Sekeres is one of the worst out there IMO. He was the one that “reported” that Quinn was on an IV when he was not.

I’ll take what he says with the smallest grain of salt. Good news regardless though.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Sekeras thinks the Aquilini family is looking hard at cleaning house, sensing a loss of consumer confidence and market apathy

Reactions: Luongos Knob

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Heard kevin weeks name come up. At this point, anything is better than Benning but I hope the owner doesn't cheap out on the management side. How can you hand out Millions and Millions to Eriksson/Beagle/Pearson and not wanna pay for the top end management side of the organization

Weekes name has come up in several of the recent GM searches, and I read a little bit ago on twitter (can't remember who) that he was one of the final choices for the Pittsburgh job.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I don't care if they hire Courtnall for some minor position in the organization, but when his name is being bandied about for GM....i get concerned...hell to the NO. (NO to Weekes too)

Reactions: Zippgunn

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I’ll give any new management team a chance even if I’m dubious of their ability.

Courtnall is not something I’d advise but perhaps he surrounds himself with proper individuals and can function as a manager.

I’m just glad there are actually names being tossed around right now. That’s a good thing.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I’ll give any new management team a chance even if I’m dubious of their ability.

Courtnall is not something I’d advise but perhaps he surrounds himself with proper individuals and can function as a manager.

I’m just glad there are actually names being tossed around right now. That’s a good thing.

For sure, I'll give a chance to a potato at this point...but with no apparent track record in managing anything are we hiring Linden 2.0? Just a Canuck friendly mouthpiece for the Aquilini's? Might be the best we can hope for, but its still concerning.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Melvin said:
I swear to motherf***ing God if it’s Dale Talllon

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad