Malkin wanted out if Kessel returned

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Didn't realise there was somewhat of a Malkin-Kessel feud
Also surprising that Malkin *allegedly* requested a trade, that would have been crazy in Pittsburgh

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
One doesn’t have to look very far and just see their +/- to see how bad they were together. And I know that also depends on the D pairing they received and that was usually bad, but just looking at the numbers shows that these two are water and oil on the ice together.

Many people simply look at offensive numbers and forget that’s 50% of the game. There is a thing called defense and these two together never worked and simply never will.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Seems insecure of Malkin to demand a trade because your winger cares about his stats.

How tho. Malkin has played with worse players and no drama about that. Seems like Kessel attracts trouble. I dislike malkin a lot but that's a weird statement to make.

Reactions: Casanova

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
How tho. Malkin has played with worse players and no drama about that. Seems like Kessel attracts trouble. I dislike malkin a lot but that's a weird statement to make.

Not really. I mean, Malkin's a vet and a champ. Going to mgmt and making it a "him or me" thing is pretty extreme.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't realise there was somewhat of a Malkin-Kessel feud
Also surprising that Malkin *allegedly* requested a trade, that would have been crazy in Pittsburgh

Malkin didn't request a trade 'me or him' style. Think more along the lines of 'I can't do another year of this BS, even if it means I have to go' or something along those 'something has to give' lines. It may seem like a subtle difference, but it's nonetheless significant.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Kessel has a shelf life with every team and his expired last year. Malkin has to change his style as well but clearly Phil just didn't play with the same intensity of his first couple of years.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Worked out for all parties involved

Malkin can move on past whatever drama and Kessel is on a team with no media pressure and a fanbase with realistic expectations

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Kessel has a shelf life with every team and his expired last year. Malkin has to change his style as well but clearly Phil just didn't play with the same intensity of his first couple of years.

This. Some players are like coaches and they wear out their welcome.

Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh. Same story everywhere. Had feuds with Julien, Wilson, and now Sullivan. I think it's hard to get a guy like Kessel to buy into a system. So when he's not doing his part, and his teammates and coaches get on him, he'll hide behind his stats, hence Malkin bringing up him caring more about points.

Arizona is the perfect place for someone like him. No pressure, and nothing to live up to.

There's a stark difference between a guy like Tavares and a guy like Kessel.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I can see this. Kessel appears to have an attitude problem. has always been the case. normally under wraps but he's apparently kind of a D.
Look at how much he cared when his new team introduced him to the fans on instagram. he looked like he was in an argument and just saying the words to move on. his little D*ckish arm lifts like what teenagers do when they are in trouble and trying defend their actions. guy's a clown but he's a freaking good hockey player.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
If Crosby absolutely wouldn't play with Kessel and Malkin was at the point of requesting a trade to not play with Kessel and this was brewing all season, why not either trade Kessel during the season or stick him on the 3rd line? Who cares if it ticks Kessel off to be on the 3rd line. Just seems like mismanagement to let it get to that point.

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
You obviously didn’t watch them all if you came to this conclusion.
I am not Pens fan but I enjoy the way that team plays and always cheer for them when they play in my hometown against Caps. Anyway I see great/terrific effort one shift and then lazy floating other 2 shifts from Malkin, so to me it looked very inconsistent. I did not see the same (floating/lazying shifts) from Crossby for instance, he is always very intense and trying hard and being a good pro.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Man Kessel had to be traded out of Toronto and now Pittsburg and Arizona has a lot of up and coming kids I'm not sure if Arizona should have made this trade now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad