Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Wow! Replacement, i'm proud of you. while on positive roll, i'll add that one has to admit that the Oil have looked much better since the Toronto game; their compete level and feistiness is the best i've seen in years, and they could be competitive this year (tho, the hole they've dug is too deep).

they'll probably play .500 the rest of the way.

Well, I called this club to make the playoffs so as much as it seems unlikely a lot stranger things have happened. Nights like tonight look like progress. I just don't know that this club can dial up this type of effort on many nights. A very shortened bench left it all out there. Oilers were absoltuely tanked. Exhausted. I would've played the 4th line some more in this one.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Needs to be noted that a lot of the King's shots were from the outside. Yes, they outplayed us, but not as badly as the 48-18 or whatever shot totals were suggest.

That's a good thing. We don't want to be giving up shots from the slot.

Regardless, Bachman did make a few 5 alarm saves. That is the kind of goal tending that keeps you in games and lets you steal a few. This is the kind of pressure Dubnyk needs on him, bye bye Laberbera.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The Oilers a terrible team to gamble on. Who knows what shows up.

Yep.

BUF @ NO, take the over and nail it
WSH @ DEN, take he over and nail it
EDM @ LA, take LA and not only watch my ticket blow up, but my team still lose

**** you sport select, and thanks for the usual kick to the groin Oil.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Great Game by Bachman. The officials were even odder tonight that usual. I never knew the fore arm shiver was a hockey play. Clifford put out his knee seen that called a bunch of times 5 and game but no today.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
:huh: So it is possible to stop a shot from the point, a knuckle puck and a deflected shot. Who would have known.:dunno: Nice to have a competent goalie for a change.
Yeah all the Dubnyk apoligists saying he had no chance on those type of shots, goalies with focus can. I have watched all year with the exception of 1 game good scoring chances being rifled by our goalies while opposiition netminders stopping many great chances by us.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Yep.

I Win lots on it hint play play props follow ppg players when the have had a couple of dry games take them , they are due works great for me . EG Take Eberle against whoever on Leafs if he is playable Will be good for 2 point night.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
oh am i allowed to say that i liked Belov's game tonight?

i'm such a homer.

Belov is just getting better and better. I wouldn't be surprised he surpasses Petry as the clubs best defenseman if he isn't there already. All this while playing with a right winger as his defense partner. I'm really starting to believe J Schultz only signed here because he was guaranteed top four minutes.:facepalm: Any idiot can see he needs to be sheltered on the bottom pairing.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yep.

You must have been ******** your pants after the first half. :laugh:

Proline odds were horrendous for NFL this week. I made two ticket for $5 each, my winnings were $6 and $14... I looked at the payout and asked for my money back. :cry:

Should have taken the W+ with SF and DEN for sure. Wasn't sure they'd cover the over. My Patriots scared the crap out of me. Christ Brady...

Anyways, I find hockey to be such a crap shoot. Never bet on the Oilers, can't find the heart to take the easy money I guess. Taking the under alot more then I am picking a winner.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
The team played pretty good the first 2 periods, but ran out of gas. Bachman played fantastic, Yak had a good game overall and finally scored, and I am really liking Belov.

- I think the 2 Schultz's should be sitting soon, who would have thought Grebs would be a better alternative? I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 Shultz are not on this team at trade deadline. JS was very bad again today, and leaving the LA King player alone like that for the Kings goal was horrible. RNH was the player who I believed was suppose to cover the slot as well, he was very lazy getting back.
- We have 9 forwards on the injury list, but even if they are all healthy, there's a mix problem, and the lack of size and toughness really showed tonight. RNH really wilted a bit, which is disturbing. Same with Ebs.
- Yet once again, the team plays at beer league level on the simplest of things, like getting a too many men call in overtime.
- Perron and Yak should be switched. Ebs may actually pass to Perron, and Yak adds a pure sniper for Hemsky to feed.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
It's frustrating to watch Eberle out there game after game playing like he's above the law, above team play and team defense. Between him and Hall the Oilers would make the playoffs every year if they outlawed the toe drag.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
It's frustrating to watch Eberle out there game after game playing like he's above the law, above team play and team defense. Between him and Hall the Oilers would make the playoffs every year if they outlawed the toe drag.
Agreed I have backed Eberle a lot in here but last 2 games very selfish type of playing. He has been shooting and deking with players wide open and passing when players are covered .

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Tonight's game was the perfect example of why this team shouldn't sell the farm signing or in trade for "elite" goaltending. They're not even close to being a great team and someone coming in and stopping 47 shots against an amazing LA team couldnt even get win. They need to learn to be competitive with anybody in net before they get to the next level with someone better. Thats what they did in 2006.

Also they should have played the 3rd and 4th lines more tonight. They kept LA at bay and in the LA zone far better than the top 2 lines and might have made a goal happen if played more like in Phoenix.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I agree, tonights game was a good one, Oilers record sucks but this game was alright, I mean there was some great goaltending something Oilers haven't really had until this game..although Bachman didn't really have to make to many tough saves..he was solid all night long..Kings are known not to have great chances..they usually only score 2-3 goals a game.

He didnt have to make to many tough saves because he was gobbling up all the rebounds. That's my main gripe against Dubnyk the guy can never just catch the puck and slow the game down when the other team has sustained time in our zone. Bachman as soon as the puck was shot it was frozen for the most part and that's huge.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
He didnt have to make to many tough saves because he was gobbling up all the rebounds. That's my main gripe against Dubnyk the guy can never just catch the puck and slow the game down when the other team has sustained time in our zone. Bachman as soon as the puck was shot it was frozen for the most part and that's huge.

I also liked how Bachman was really quick to get out of his net and stop the shoot ins for his defense. I wasn't super impressed by his puck handling but he did manage to start a rush on one occasion while the kings were changing. Duby would have been standing there with his thumb up his butt.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Only got to watch the first period but I like Bachman. Way better than that loser LaBarbera.

Hopefully Yakupov's goal opens the floodgates for him.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The team played pretty good the first 2 periods, but ran out of gas. Bachman played fantastic, Yak had a good game overall and finally scored, and I am really liking Belov.

- I think the 2 Schultz's should be sitting soon, who would have thought Grebs would be a better alternative? I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 Shultz are not on this team at trade deadline. JS was very bad again today, and leaving the LA King player alone like that for the Kings goal was horrible. RNH was the player who I believed was suppose to cover the slot as well, he was very lazy getting back.
- We have 9 forwards on the injury list, but even if they are all healthy, there's a mix problem, and the lack of size and toughness really showed tonight. RNH really wilted a bit, which is disturbing. Same with Ebs.
- Yet once again, the team plays at beer league level on the simplest of things, like getting a too many men call in overtime.
- Perron and Yak should be switched. Ebs may actually pass to Perron, and Yak adds a pure sniper for Hemsky to feed.

Watching Clifford and Frattin tonight, how much better would they make our team? We need a couple guys like that and a few bigger dmen that can move the puck.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I also liked how Bachman was really quick to get out of his net and stop the shoot ins for his defense. I wasn't super impressed by his puck handling but he did manage to start a rush on one occasion while the kings were changing. Duby would have been standing there with his thumb up his butt.

Yea that's another problem with Dubnyks game. No puck handling skills.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Agreed I have backed Eberle a lot in here but last 2 games very selfish type of playing. He has been shooting and deking with players wide open and passing when players are covered .

Yeah too fancy for Ebs the past couple of games. Even Yakupov is playing a simpler game than him the last two (that pass to Hemsky was top notch).

thinlizzy

Mar 9, 2013
At this point with this team I will take the points.

Way too many shots on our goalie and BTO stood on his head. Need to play better D as we got schooled hard core in the 3rd period.

Willie Mitchell was taking liberties out there big time and the stripes turned a blind eye. Kings are a tough team to score on.

Good effort by the team but the Kings have a bit better talent squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad