Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
"Bachman was excellent... he was square to the puck and the puck was sticking to him. He really settled our team."

- Dallas Eakins Post-Game

Thats all you need to hear.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Some good defensive plays by Arco this game too. Belov with some nice plays as well.

Arcobello had one shift late in the third where he went in and fore checked on Willie Mitchell who's only about 30 times bigger than him and tied him up a bit. Then he went back up the ice back checking and because he wasn't in the play and was having trouble catching up he kind of held onto his checks stick a bit. I liked it, a little bit of smart play and some of the guys he played with in OKC last season could stand to watch what he does and learn a little from him.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Yep. Noted, multiple times. Especially frustrating as Yak was really going tonight and had a hand in the more challenging scoring chances.

Yeah he was alone in slot wide open net in third Eberle tries a little deke instead, would of been different outcome. I think his buddy Hall has it in his head not to feed Yakupov.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Sucks Bachman didn't get the W for that effort, but the Oilers really had no business even getting a point out of this affair.

Anyone still think Gordon is just a fourth liner? Or that Horcoff to Gordon is somehow a downgrade? Guy is just a warrior out there, and an example of how many more players of his ilk the team needs. Hopefully his tenacity will rub off on some of the more passive Oiler kids.

Nice to see Yak starting to get on track too.

Yeah, Gordon was fantastic. A lot of Chuck Norris thrown in too. ;)

I liked the down and dirty play between Gordon and Perron late in game. Made a chance out of nothing and you kinda felt they were going to.

Oilers really have to simplify their game and get more to the net.

But man Gordon in crucial faceoff after crucial faceoff in this game.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
Happy that Bachman looked good in his debut. The Kings are a very good team. I'm glad that he was able to keep them in it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah he was alone in slot wide open net in third Eberle tries a little deke instead, would of been different outcome. I think his buddy Hall has it in his head not to feed Yakupov.

Lol. So Hall who isn't even playing is to blame for Eberle not passing to Yakupov?

Is this a joke?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
With the new pad rules and shorter nets I think the smaller agile goalies are going to flourish in the League again Bachman made some great athletic saves tonight , which both Dubnyk and Labarbera can't.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
:huh: So it is possible to stop a shot from the point, a knuckle puck and a deflected shot. Who would have known.:dunno: Nice to have a competent goalie for a change.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I hope not. I think its the classic thing about being less familiar with a player. But its silly. Yak unleashed a world class howitzer tonight from a bad angle that no goalie on the planet is getting. If that doesn't earn some passes nothing does.

Plus that Yak was creative and made 3 fairly quiet plays today that led to great scoring chances.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not at all. La KIngs are just that good. We haven't played anything like a club this good all year.

A club that has the following trees on back end;

Doughty
Mitchell
Greene
Regehr
Muzzin

A forward unit thats going to make life incredibly tough.

Kings played a good game tonight and kept very physical with us. We have no answer for that but thought the guys played with a lot of effort.

Bachman was god in goal though.

But this is the gold standard right here. How your team matches up to the best system play team in the game.

Never agreed with you more Replacement.

The Kings are arguably the toughest team to play against in the NHL and we went in on the road on a back to back.

There were some mistakes, but I think the effort was evident and they battled the Kings pretty good for a team with a soft reputation.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Lol. So Hall who isn't even playing is to blame for Eberle not passing to Yakupov?

Is this a joke?

Hall called out Yakupov have noticed both Eberle and Hall have avoided setting him up this year, I am sure I am not the only one who have noticed this yet, and btw how are the Leafs doing ;) Still think they wont be a top team in eastern conference.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
There goes our streak of fans coming and telling us about our bright future, vaunted offence, cheer up, blah blah blah. Damn you, Bachman.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He just needs to move the puck instead of stick-handling in a maze of players.

Yep, 5 players on the ice. Eberle is guilty of overhandling puck. and not moving it around efficiently. Hemmer used to do this a lot years ago.

look at the way LA just uses simple short passes to create dynamite scoring chances.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
With the new pad rules and shorter nets I think the smaller agile goalies are going to flourish in the League again Bachman made some great athletic saves tonight , which both Dubnyk and Labarbera can't.

I think you have a point, the big "let the puck hit me" guys will probably have to adapt or die out.

Liked that Bachman seemed to always, outside of the goal where Frattin made a first class screen, know where the puck was and adjust accordingly. Very focused. Please, please let him keep it up.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Perron is a skill player but look how hard he comes off the boards and charges the net. At least he's not playing solely like a perimeter player.

Really liking Belov and seems like he is starting to use the body a bit more.

I know you guys all want to trade JSchultz but he has been much better to me the last few games.

I think we need one good d-man addition and our forwards to get healthy and the team will look much better.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah, Gordon was fantastic. A lot of Chuck Norris thrown in too. ;)

I liked the down and dirty play between Gordon and Perron late in game. Made a chance out of nothing and you kinda felt they were going to.

Oilers really have to simplify their game and get more to the net.

But man Gordon in crucial faceoff after crucial faceoff in this game.

Yeah, that was something we saw a lot of back in 2006. Get it to the net and try to push it in even if you have to shovel the goaltender in with it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Oiler players seem to operate under the assumption that highlight reel plays are worth more than ugly goals.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Never agreed with you more Replacement.

The Kings are arguably the toughest team to play against in the NHL and we went in on the road on a back to back.

There were some mistakes, but I think the effort was evident and they battled the Kings pretty good for a team with a soft reputation.

Yeah I'll take this effort anytime. I think the most intent I've seen from the Oilers this year but against an opponent that even giving their best is too much. No shame at all in losing to the LA KIngs and especially in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->