Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler66666

May 7, 2012
Alberta
Career backup and its only one game but watching Bachman the obvious question is would Labarbera clear waivers and should we care?

And for what it's worth it wasn't so long ago I had more confidence in Labarbera than Dubs and was missing Khabbi. GM's shouldn't read boards!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
One good game by Bachman.

Good for him. This changes nothing for me.

This should change everything for you unless for some reason you like giving up 4 or 5 goals per game.

Play Bachman, dump La Barber Beefcake, trade Dubnyk to a team who wants a backup and use your first in a package for a number 1 G.

Dubnyk is not a number 1, Bachman has been damn impressive (preseason too), and our first is worth a ton right now.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
This should change everything for you unless for some reason you like giving up 4 or 5 goals per game.

Play Bachman, dump La Barber Beefcake, trade Dubnyk to a team who wants a backup and use your first in a package for a number 1 G.

Dubnyk is not a number 1, Bachman has been damn impressive (preseason too), and our first is worth a ton right now.

not so fast, Bachman did look good in preseason and should have been given more looks. He is not the answer but I'll take him over Labarbera right now, lets give a couple more chances and see where it goes. We are weak in net and Bachman makes us better, do not send him down yet.

We have some assets besides our #1 draft pick to make deals for a goalie, our management should have known Labarbera was not good, everybody else knew. Just shows that the gong show in the front office maintains it's Klown label.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
not so fast, Bachman did look good in preseason and should have been given more looks. He is not the answer but I'll take him over Labarbera right now, lets give a couple more chances and see where it goes. We are weak in net and Bachman makes us better, do not send him down yet.

We have some assets besides our #1 draft pick to make deals for a goalie, our management should have known Labarbera was not good, everybody else knew. Just shows that the gong show in the front office maintains it's Klown label.

Dubnyk is not taking us anywhere, it is quite obvious. He does have value as a backup though and could get us an asset Labarbs cannot. Our first is useless to us at this point as we have reached the stage where we don't have to rush whoever we draft.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

One game=LIFE HAS CHANGED/hfboards

and that is why I don't take this site seriously.

.885 save percentage last year for Bachman. First few games last year were horrendous, when it mattered. This is a fluke IMO.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Boy, it's sure been a long time since we have drafted a goalie that worked out well. I would say since Fuhr and Moog. That is 30 + years ? Hey Klown, all those rings should guide you better. Just in case anybody is wondering...

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
and you can add, a flurry of shots and insane pressure at the end of a game to save a point. is there any doubt that Kopitar scores on either Dubes or Labarbara with 28 secs remaining?
No doubt whatsoever. I came here to post the same thing.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I know it's a great day when our goalie plays good but this is a bit early to jump on the Bachman fan train. Any goalie can have a good game (minus Labarbera, **** that guy). Give Bachman a few games, have a funny feeling he won't be our savior or Dallas wouldn't have picked the god awful Dan Ellis over him

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bachman has been a very inconsistent goalie in his short NHL career, but he is doing one thing that Labarbra isn't and that's having at least one good game.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Career backup or not, he looked amazing in the game against the kings. You have to go with the hot hand and give him a shot against the leafs. If he keeps rolling, I would just give him the reins and send Barbs down. He seemed to have the positioning game down, and he challenges shooters very well.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm just going to stick with positives this morning.

Bachman. nothing needs to be said. watching his play and positioning was a treat.
I Hope they lock dubnyk in a room with the game tape.

Gordon had a very good game also. I think the Oilers dumped the puck into the corners a lot more than I normally see, instead of them trying to carry it in, only to lose it at the blueline.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah I'll take this effort anytime. I think the most intent I've seen from the Oilers this year but against an opponent that even giving their best is too much. No shame at all in losing to the LA KIngs and especially in LA.

Weird because i thought this was the Oilers worst game of the season by a decent margin and there have been some doozies. I know that the Kings are an excellent team but the Oilers were handing it to them on a silver platter in the second half of the game, turning the puck over like mad, afraid to take a hit and not having one decent cycle shift until the end of the 3rd with Perron and Gordon. I know that it was the second half of a back to back and that L.A. is a horrible matchup for them but that performance was putrid all around outside of Bachman of course.
To put things in perspective, i watched the Flames play this L.A. team and it was night and day compared to the Oilers. Much more competitive, they traded chances more frequently and looked the part of a decent NHL team.
I'm absolutely floored that so many here thought that was a fine team performance. Low standards i guess.

Last edited:

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
Nothing more to say about Bachman, great game. Glad to see Yak finally get one but am I the only one that saw him turn and skate away from the play where LA scored? He turned to head out of the Oilers zone allowing Richards to skate in untouched and set up in front of Bachman. Nuge tried to get in and tie Richards up but it was too late. Meanwhile Yak turned his head to look back and watch it all happen. He still needs to learn the defensive side of the game.
Belov is looking better every game, starting to use his body more and shooting the puck more often.
Petry is a different player when he hits. Hope he keeps it up.
Gordon showing the youngsters what compete really means, and just keeps winning faceoffs
N Shultz expect to see him in some sort of a package, too bad because I really liked his game when we first got him.
Overall I liked what I saw last night against a big heavy LA team. So the question is:

If we would have had Hall, Gagner, Smyth on the team last night would we have won?

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Might have just been cherry picking his strong moments but I thought Belov was real good tonight as well.

I thought the same thing. He was one of the few, if not only, physical guys we had out there. I was really impressed by his game last night.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Weird because i thought this was the Oilers worst game of the season by a decent margin and there have been some doozies. I know that the Kings are an excellent team but the Oilers were handing it to them on a silver platter in the second half of the game, turning the puck over like mad, afraid to take a hit and not having one decent cycle shift until the end of the 3rd with Perron and Gordon. I know that it was the second half of a back to back and that L.A. is a horrible matchup for them but that performance was putrid all around outside of Bachman of course.
To put things in perspective, i watched the Flames play this L.A. team and it was night and day compared to the Oilers. Much more competitive, they traded chances more frequently and looked the part of a decent NHL team.
I'm absolutely floored that so many here thought that was a fine team performance. Low standards i guess.

Yeah, we looked like ass for probably half the game. Happens but not a "good" game by any stretch

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
One game=LIFE HAS CHANGED/hfboards

and that is why I don't take this site seriously.

.885 save percentage last year for Bachman. First few games last year were horrendous, when it mattered. This is a fluke IMO.

.885 SP? I'll take that over Dubnyk and Labarbera. All this team needs is a goalie that can hover around .900, not let in emotionally deflating softies and make the big save when we're up or down by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad