Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
***** - Bachman, excellent performance. Didn't give many rebounds and took couple of great saves when we needed it most.
**** - Belov, loved his counter tackles which made Kings players fly. He needs to shoot more, goalie gives always a rebound when his shot hits the net.
*** - Petry, he's complete beast. I can't overcome the fact that some people would take Roman Polak over him. :laugh: Loved his physicality.
** - Gordon, total warrior. Block shots, takes faceoffs and is in pain every time he goes for change.
* - Arcobello, smallest guy on ice but finishes every forecheck to a hit. Some guys should take advance... ;)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Liked that Bachman seemed to always, outside of the goal where Frattin made a first class screen, know where the puck was and adjust accordingly. Very focused. Please, please let him keep it up.

If Dubnyk had Bachman's ability to track a puck and react accordingly he would be a world class goaltender.

I love the way he's always battling to see it and get in good position. Reminds me of Roloson a little bit.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
With the new pad rules and shorter nets I think the smaller agile goalies are going to flourish in the League again Bachman made some great athletic saves tonight , which both Dubnyk and Labarbera can't.

:huh: So it is possible to stop a shot from the point, a knuckle puck and a deflected shot. Who would have known.:dunno: Nice to have a competent goalie for a change.

and you can add, a flurry of shots and insane pressure at the end of a game to save a point. is there any doubt that Kopitar scores on either Dubes or Labarbara with 28 secs remaining?

can you imagine how pissed we'd be with another last minute loss? i might be done. this team has me so depressed right now, i'm this close to pulling the pin on hockey and sports altogether.

who knows, maybe we'll look back and say Bachman saved alot of Oiler fans from quitting on the team

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Ebs has some dirty dangles, but I think he should stick with his strengths, backhand shots, and sniping from the slot, with some sneaky dekes on the goalie.

If he is always going to deke in tight on the D, I think maybe he should try sneaking the puck through the defenders legs. He could do a quick shift around them to catch the puck and get in alone (like Lemieux).

He tends to dangle and deke completely from right to left totally in front of them to try to get around, which I don't think has a high success rate in so close against his top D-Pairing opposition.

He's shifty but in tight like that, I don't think his center of gravity is low enough with the accompanying stability required, and as a result he always seems to get put down.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Ebs has some dirty dangles, but I think he should stick with his strengths, backhand shots, and sniping from the slot, with some sneaky dekes on the goalie.

If he is always going to deke in tight on the D, I think maybe he should try sneaking the puck through the defenders legs. He could do a quick shift around them to catch the puck and get in alone (like Lemieux).

He tends to dangle and deke completely from right to left totally in front of them to try to get around, which I don't think has a high success rate in so close against his top D-Pairing opposition.

He's shifty but in tight like that, I don't think his center of gravity is low enough with the accompanying stability required, and as a result he always seems to get put down.

I think sometimes he dekes to get a better shooting angle but imo that's trying to be to smart. On top of that I think the fact he's seen a lot of shots not go in adds to the overthinking.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Feels like a W tonight. Whats this feeling, feeling good after watching a game.

C'mon guys no Hall, no Gagner, no Joensuu even Pitllick all guys that would help out in a match like this. Who knows, maybe even Smyth.

We faced an LA Kings championship club that is completely healthy and moreso than at any point since they won the cup. Remember they didn't have Willy Mitchell all of last year due to serious injury.

This is the Cup winning LA Kings dialed in and delivering a serious effort tonight. Could be the hardest game you see the Oil up against this year.

It was a great game.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

C'mon guys no Hall, no Gagner, no Joensuu even Pitllick all guys that would help out in a match like this. Who knows, maybe even Smyth.

We faced an LA Kings championship club that is completely healthy and moreso than at any point since they won the cup. Remember they didn't have Willy Mitchell all of last year due to serious injury.

This is the Cup winning LA Kings dialed in and delivering a serious effort tonight. Could be the hardest game you see the Oil up against this year.

It was a great game.

Not to mention the Kings were pretty well-rested and we were on the second half of a back to back.

I noticed a lot of shots the Kings took were from the outside. Not sure if that was by design or not, but Bachman tracked the puck well even when there was traffic in front. (hint hint, Jason)

McDeathbyCheerios*

It was a great game.
Its amazing what a few saves can do.

We were constantly outshot but the oilers seemed to be trying still. They weren't deflated and played as hard as they could. Its amazing to see what a team does when its clear that they want to give their goaltender the win

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Needs to be noted that a lot of the King's shots were from the outside. Yes, they outplayed us, but not as badly as the 48-18 or whatever shot totals were suggest.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011

It was a great game.

Bang on here Replacement. The team is playing better and better. It's hard to digest that when we're last in the conference again, and still only in October. But the last few games, they put in efforts we haven't seen over the past few years.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
This is not the "below-average" goaltending we've been hoping for, instead, this was "significantly, significantly above average" goaltending we essentially need to win games. If we can go back to, you know, playing some actual teams hockey and get even 0.910 of the Bachman performance tonight (0.979 S% :nod:), we'll be golden.

That's some optimism in the bag right there. Can't wait till Joensuu comes back, or Hall, or Gagner, or even that Smyth guy.

EDIT: How on god's good earth does JS Giguere have a 0.981 S%? And Josh Harding also 0.953%? My sweet lord.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010

This is the Cup winning LA Kings dialed in and delivering a serious effort tonight. Could be the hardest game you see the Oil up against
this year.

It was a great game.

I agree, tonights game was a good one, Oilers record sucks but this game was alright, I mean there was some great goaltending something Oilers haven't really had until this game..although Bachman didn't really have to make to many tough saves..he was solid all night long..Kings are known not to have great chances..they usually only score 2-3 goals a game.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

It was a great game.

Wow! Replacement, i'm proud of you. while on positive roll, i'll add that one has to admit that the Oil have looked much better since the Toronto game; their compete level and feistiness is the best i've seen in years, and they could be competitive this year (tho, the hole they've dug is too deep).

they'll probably play .500 the rest of the way.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Just on another thing, while he might not have been first star in the Staples Centre, he's the first star of the day on the NHL website.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not to mention the Kings were pretty well-rested and we were on the second half of a back to back.

I noticed a lot of shots the Kings took were from the outside. Not sure if that was by design or not, but Bachman tracked the puck well even when there was traffic in front. (hint hint, Jason)

Yep, the B2B makes it all the more impressive. Man, in the first 5mins of this game the Kings were intent on making us laydown. They were delivering shots as much as they could. It was like trying to survive a Mike Tyson in prime first round. I was blown away once again with the Kings physical intensity. No team in the league, even the Bruins, are this tough.

This was Razor Ruddock going the distance. Losing, but surviving where many fear to tread. Oilers can hold their heads high when they play like this.

Its amazing what a few saves can do.

We were constantly outshot but the oilers seemed to be trying still. They weren't deflated and played as hard as they could. Its amazing to see what a team does when its clear that they want to give their goaltender the win

Yeah I noticed that too. Oilers felt their way into the game and I think observed Bachman was being a wall and feeling it. Kings took note as well because they really looked like they didn't want the Oilers sticking around. Kings really tried to take it to us fiercely starting right off the drop.

This was the most physical game these kids have ever been exposed to. Its good learning and thanks to Bachmans heroics we get a point. More than a moral victory.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012

It was a great game.

Your right, if they could ever get all their s*** in one sock. The Oilers wouldn't be a bad team. To. E it shows what kind of team you need to contend in the west. Massive and "heavy" players like the Kings, not to mention top notch goaltending. Hopefully this momentum will start to snowball. Does anyone else want to see any Oiler come unglued when intent to injure checks are thrown at the star players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad