LW Sean Farrell - Harvard University, NCAA (2020, 124th, MTL)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He picked Subban, Pacioretty and McDonagh, but they are exiting their primes as we speak. These guys were picked 15 years ago!! Galchenyuk, KK and Sergachev all top 10 picks very mild return on the investment so far. Other then that our only 1st round picks sitll in the show are Beaulieu and Tinordi unless I'm mistaken... not exactly world beaters. All in all a very underwhelming return for the amount of quality picks.

Subban, Pacioretty, and Mcdonagh were all actually picked on the same year which is a massive home run.

His run from 03-07 was generally strong. After that, the well dried up up too much. It was a combination of poor drafting, the team having later picks in the draft, sprinkled in with trading picks (Tanguay for a 1st), and trading prospects who made it (Sergechev for Drouin ughh).

I think they have restocked the cupboard though in the last 2-3 years, so we will see how that goes, but outside of 07, when they drafted arguably 3 elite players, I think the problem has been finding elite guys, instead of just good players. I think while the habs have an interesting crop of youngsters right now, that elite player is still missing.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Where would Habs fans rate Farrell among their prospects?
Anywhere in the top 5. Most of the top 5s in the habs forum have him along with Roy, Guhle, Mailloux, Harris, Dobes, Ylönen or Kidney. But Farrell is pretty much on everyone's top 5.

Reactions: CapSpace

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So, anyone know his plans for next season? Is it a forgone conclusion that he will return to college, or might he turn pro?

DaHam

Oct 2, 2021
He is gonna be with team USA at the World cup. Not the best caliber, but it will still be interesting to see him out there.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In all quietness Sean had a really good season.

finished 4th in points for Harvard with 28,
even thou played just 24 games

had the highest ppg of his team (1.17)

at international level, Sean played in both OG & WC
scored 5 goals, 8 assists, 13 points in 14 games and was +6
for team USA

season totals :

38 games
15 goals
26 assists
41 points
1.08 points per game
+12
15 penalty minutes

Reactions: Sagikev

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
In all quietness Sean had a really good season.

finished 4th in points for Harvard with 28,
even thou played just 24 games

had the highest ppg of his team (1.17)

at international level, Sean played in both OG & WC
scored 5 goals, 8 assists, 13 points in 14 games and was +6
for team USA

season totals :

38 games
15 goals
26 assists
41 points
1.08 points per game
+12
15 penalty minutes
To me the OG and WC are the biggest indicators that this kid is going to be a solid NHL player, particularly the WC. Those numbers are incredible for a non professional player. He along with Roy and Kidney, is a steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad