LW Sean Farrell - Harvard University, NCAA (2020, 124th, MTL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Completely overshadowed by the star forwards on his team. Farrell is a good player, and I could see him being picked in the second round next year.

He's a smaller playmaking winger who plays a good 200 foot game. He's even been used as a penalty killer at times. His numbers aren't great, but he plays in a 3rd line role and sometimes doesn't even make it onto the PP. His offensive ability isn't elite, but its pretty good. The main concerns that will be voiced about Farrell will probably center around his height (5'9) and his skating (good, but not great speed for a smaller forward).

Sean Farrell at eliteprospects.com

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Are you more bullish on Farrell now than Rolston among the late '01s? Rolston bigger and better goal scorer but Farrell a more active and involved player and better playmaker?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leads the USHL in points this year.

Looks very good at the WJAC. Competes hard for a smaller player and very good hockey sense. I don’t think his skill is overwhelming and his skating isn’t bad, but it’s not great either. Late second/early third round pick in my opinion.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018

Very quick video of a few highlights at the WJAC. One of the better players their plays hard and with good speed. Late 2nd early 3rd round pick for me

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 2019 US NTDP U-18 team was one of the best teams in program history, filled with players who were drafted high in the 2019 NHL Draft. Sean Farrell was also part of that squad, but due to his November birthdate, he was not eligible until the 2020 Draft. In the meantime, he spent another year in the USHL, playing with Chicago Steel. The Steel were a dominant club, going 41-7-1 and finishing first in the league. Farrell scored 15 goals and 41 assists for 56 points in 44 games, leading the league in assists. Farrell also played at the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. He put up five goals and eight points in six games, winning a silver medal.

In 2018-19, Farrell scored 11 goals and 27 assists for 38 points in 64 games with the US NTDP. He also picked up two assists in seven games at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships, winning a bronze medal. In 2017-18, Farell scored nine goals and 40 points in 61 games with the U-17 team. Farrell also had two goals and an assist at the 2017 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning a gold medal. He is committed to playing hockey for Harvard next season.

Our Scouting Report
Sean Farrell Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #62 - Last Word on Hockey

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching his first game of the season, he had a 4 pt night in what was a shootout between what I assume are 2 of the best offenses in the USHL. Thought Farrell played a really solid game as he moved the puck well and was a killer on the PP that went 5 for 6.

Reactions: Fenris

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

Really like his game. I think him going back to the USHL will help out eventually, as he has more time to mature physically before going with Harvard. Although he's completely smoking the USHL with his linemates... But at least he's playing. I suspect he'll rise on our depth chart, really liked the pick at the draft and I'm liking it more.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really like his game. I think him going back to the USHL will help out eventually, as he has more time to mature physically before going with Harvard. Although he's completely smoking the USHL with his linemates... But at least he's playing. I suspect he'll rise on our depth chart, really liked the pick at the draft and I'm liking it more.

it's good that he's shooting more

Reactions: kevsavard95

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s been one of the best players in the USHL this season. He’s way too good for this league and would’ve had a very good season for Harvard. He probably was better off switching to another college, like Beniers did, but maybe he was set on Harvard and would rather hurt his hockey career.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad