LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
lets be honest here, this whole "he has to buy out his own contract" talk seems like nothing that would hold him back...I mean, how would anyone know if some funds magically appear from an offshore account for him to do this?? It is an honest question and the Wild could easily pay this kid out....the CHL has shady ass deals go down all the time, I am sure if he truly wants out, one call to the Wild and he wins the Publisher's Clearing House..this is coming from someone who truly wants him here...
Why would he want that? There was zero indication from his side so far that he is interested in getting out earlier.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
From everything we’ve seen from Russo recently the Wild are excited for him and he’s excited to join the Wild. Kaprizov and Granny are a match made in heaven

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
From everything we’ve seen from Russo recently the Wild are excited for him and he’s excited to join the Wild. Kaprizov and Granny are a match made in heaven
Sort of jumping the gun, there. Zucker is a pretty good match with Granlund.
Unless something changes with Ek or another prospect in the next 1 1/2 yrs. , what the Wild are going to need from KK is puck handling and passing, with his goalscoring be a welcome bonus. Some nights it looks like the only forward who can handle the puck for more than 2 seconds w/o fumbling it is Granny.

We've got crashers, bashes, shooters, and checkers. Need more puck handlers, especially with Koivu near to retiring. Staal is great, and a sneaky good passer, but not a guy who's forte is stickhandling. Same with Parise, Nino, and Zucker.

I do think that KK will enjoy playing with our skilled Dmen, though, unless he gets a Dumba slapper in the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why would he want that? There was zero indication from his side so far that he is interested in getting out earlier.
that is why I said "IF" he wanted to come here...meaning if the kid wanted to be here bad enough, I am sure something could happen miraculously to buy out his contract.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
that is why I said "IF" he wanted to come here...meaning if the kid wanted to be here bad enough, I am sure something could happen miraculously to buy out his contract.
No, it can't. If the Wild tried to backdoor some cash to KK, the NHL would be on them like a ton of bricks, even if KK could get out of his deal before the 18 month notice, which he can't.

Tampering, and cap circumvention, are just a couple of things that are at issue here. Besides, having KK do his development and maturing on the KHL's dime isn't the worst thing for MN.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No, it can't. If the Wild tried to backdoor some cash to KK, the NHL would be on them like a ton of bricks, even if KK could get out of his deal before the 18 month notice, which he can't.
I doubt that, these shady ass deals go down all the time in the CHL...they would make it work if KK wanted to really be here..our government agencies can't even track down off shore accounts, I am sure the NHL cares less and has no desire looking into that, and neither the KHL would as long as they got paid. I am not saying it is a likely scenario, but it isn't nearly impossible if both parties wanted it to happen.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I doubt that, these shady ass deals go down all the time in the CHL...they would make it work if KK wanted to really be here..our government agencies can't even track down off shore accounts, I am sure the NHL cares less and has no desire looking into that, and neither the KHL would as long as they got paid. I am not saying it is a likely scenario, but it isn't nearly impossible if both parties wanted it to happen.
you're wrong. KK just can't "happen" to arrive and play for the Wild till next spring, barring either CSKA, or the KHL, collapsing before then. It's not a matter of wanting it to happen, or not. If the Wild are found to be putting money in play that is not expressly written in a NHL approved contract, then the league will come down on them like the NBA came down on the Timberwolves with the Joe Smith situation.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
you're wrong. KK just can't "happen" to arrive and play for the Wild till next spring, barring either CSKA, or the KHL, collapsing before then. It's not a matter of wanting it to happen, or not. If the Wild are found to be putting money in play that is not expressly written in a NHL approved contract, then the league will come down on them like the NBA came down on the Timberwolves with the Joe Smith situation.
they wouldn't be found, come on man...moving on, if he wants to be in the NHL he will find a way to get here bottom line.

back on topic for him and how he is playing this year,..

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
ik want him in NHL and at the same time I dont want him in Central =D

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
lets be honest here, this whole "he has to buy out his own contract" talk seems like nothing that would hold him back...I mean, how would anyone know if some funds magically appear from an offshore account for him to do this?? It is an honest question and the Wild could easily pay this kid out....the CHL has shady ass deals go down all the time, I am sure if he truly wants out, one call to the Wild and he wins the Publisher's Clearing House..this is coming from someone who truly wants him here...

Wow, you are naive. The CBA prohibits teams from doing this. If the league finds out, the penalty could result in Minnesota losing draft picks in the future. It's just not worth the risk.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, you are naive. The CBA prohibits teams from doing this. If the league finds out, the penalty could result in Minnesota losing draft picks in the future. It's just not worth the risk.
I tried to tell him. Someone in the Wild organization would know about this, let alone in Russia, or a 3rd party(i.e. agent, bank,etc..), and MN would be leaving themselves open to blackmail in the future.

NVM that KK's contract specifically says that he needs to give 18 months even for a buyout to happen.

Leipold runs a legit business, not a money laundering outfit. Any money spent on the team has to be accounted for. To think that he would be flinging around millions of dollars in cash off the books is bizarre, and depending on how it was done, illegal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I tried to tell him. Someone in the Wild organization would know about this, let alone in Russia, or a 3rd party(i.e. agent, bank,etc..), and MN would be leaving themselves open to blackmail in the future.

NVM that KK's contract specifically says that he needs to give 18 months even for a buyout to happen.

Leipold runs a legit business, not a money laundering outfit. Any money spent on the team has to be accounted for. To think that he would be flinging around millions of dollars in cash off the books is bizarre, and depending on how it was done, illegal.

This is why organizations are audited. You can't just take 2m dollars and send it to an off-shore bank without anyone knowing.

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kunin and Greenway could be his linemates by the time he actually gets here.... Minnesota is in dire need of a youth movement... Oldest team in the league!
Well Parise/Suter are not going anywhere. The remaining players over 30: Koivu (35), Staal (34), Fehr (33), Hendricks (37), Prosser (32), Dubnyk (32), and Stalock (31). All, except Dubnyk, have their contracts either expiring this upcoming offseason (Staal, Fehr, Hendricks, Prosser, Stalock) or the following offseason (Koivu). I'd prefer to keep Staal around as he can handle the 1C duties even at 34 years old. As you can see, center of the future continues to be a growing concern. I believe Kunin has been playing wing in the AHL as well so not really sure where that center is going to come from.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

Leipold is in the business of winning Stanley Cups and selling tickets/merchandise. Kaprizov helps on both fronts and checks all the boxes. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him magically appear at training camp for next season. To throw out a couple cliches ... if there’s a will, there’s a way! Never say never!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad